What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Finished episode 1 of Yellowstone last night...could have been a movie in itself. The production, scenery, acting, script, cinematography...it's such a pleasure to watch.

Soldato
Tales from the Loop - just finished Ep 6. Started off as an interesting premise and got worse as each episode went on. These could have been 30min episodes, but dragged out to almost an hour.

2 episodes to go.......................

Caporegime
Tales from the Loop - just finished Ep 6. Started off as an interesting premise and got worse as each episode went on. These could have been 30min episodes, but dragged out to almost an hour.

2 episodes to go.......................
yea I think there were only 2 eps of that I actually enjoyed

it's like something made by uni students

Associate
Happy season 1: I loved it. Season 2, didn't click with me at all.

Futureman: Season 1 good because of the novelty factor and James Cameron's house :) Season 2 and Season 3 just throw a lot of weird stuff at you and hope some of it sticks. I enjoyed some parts of those two seasons but season 1 is the only one I would watch again.
I loved season 1. I just couldn't get passed the first few episodes of season 2, the narrative just became too convoluted and the tone changed. Also, sad to hear Glenne Headly who played Josh's mother Diane passed away after Season 1.

Caporegime
Started checking out True Detective yesterday; I'm quite the fan of Harrelson and McConaughey so that automatically makes me want to try it out. Good so far. :)

Soldato
Started checking out True Detective yesterday; I'm quite the fan of Harrelson and McConaughey so that automatically makes me want to try it out. Good so far. :)

Season 1 is truly excellent TV, even with what's quite a divisive ending. Also can you update once you've watched episode 4 please ;)

Season 2 is reasonably good but with such a high bar set after S1, it was always going to be lacking, still to watch S3.

Caporegime
Ep 7 watched - good episode!

Ep 8/Final - still to go. I hope it wraps up the Jakob/Danny storyline from Ep 2. Still disturbed about that :(
yea ep2 was one of the ones I really enjoyed, I can't remember what the other ep was but I'm too lazy to check the recaps and find out.

it probably wasnt the 8th though

Caporegime
Season 1 is truly excellent TV, even with what's quite a divisive ending. Also can you update once you've watched episode 4 please ;)

Season 2 is reasonably good but with such a high bar set after S1, it was always going to be lacking, still to watch S3.

I'll probably carry on with episode 1 this evening (bit of a slowcoach). :p :D

Soldato
I'll probably carry on with episode 1 this evening (bit of a slowcoach). :p :D
Series 3 is excellent again, so I'm jealous you're watching it for the first time! :)

I've got The Wire Blu-ray boxset on the way. Looking forward to watching that again after about 10 years since the last time!

Soldato
Ep 7 watched - good episode!

Ep 8/Final - still to go. I hope it wraps up the Jakob/Danny storyline from Ep 2. Still disturbed about that :(

Episode 8 and season finished (Tales from the Loop). DO NOT BOTHER. Whole premise was very interesting, but so much style over substance and so depressing.

I can get behind depressing movies, but this was depressing for depressing sake. They have been studying the Loop for what seems like many years and nothing good seems to have come of it - they should bury the thing, concrete it over it and forget it ever existed.

A wasted opportunity where they could discover what the Loop is capable of and maybe use it to correct past mistakes or further mankind, nope just depressing episode after depressing episode.

S2 may seek to do this, but i'll never find out as i won't be watching.

Soldato
I'm just into S2 of Yellowstone and I'm not sure about it. It seems overly dramatic, like the writers are teenagers deciding 'what else can we have happen?!' each week. For example...

When the lady came to investigate the bear killing, the horsefly bit her horse... next thing she's impaled on a metal spike. 'Of course she is...' I think I actually rolled my eyes at that. I don't really see it was all that necessary for the story either.

I'm also wondering. The brother that got shot, had a vest on I thought? Next thing, his spinal cord had been damaged and he couldn't have shot back? Did that bit add up?

Soldato
Does season 3 really manage to pull the quality back?

I didn't actively dislike season 2, it just felt somewhat limp and Vaughn as a big bad crime kingpin was awful casting.
Yes it definitely does in my opinion. :) Mahershala Ali and Stephen Dorff are great in it. Not going to top the first series, but that's one of my faves of any.

Soldato
@AndyCr15 you don't waste any time, I'm only on episode 3 of season 1

Ha ha, I can't decide if I watch a lot of TV... or it's just focused TV watching. Take a day off, I'll watch 20-40 mins while I have breakfast, generally an episode and lunch and dinner and then one before bed. So, 3 to 4 eps a day I guess, but that is the only TV I'll watch. I never sit and flick through channels or just put it on a slump in front of it.

If I'm working it's probably 2 eps, lunch or dinner and one before bed. Is that a lot?

Soldato
@AndyCr15 it's not that much tbh, I guess you don't have many distractions. I used to binge a series in a few days but now balancing wife and a 3 year old, time is a rare commodity.

That said though, I've watched up to episode 5 today, had some rare free time :D

Associate
Halfway through season 2 of The Politician. Miles better than S1. Bette Midler is nuts. Gwyneth Paltrow basically taking the mick out of her real life. Very funny show and filling in the void that Veep left for me.

Back
Top Bottom