What TV shows are you currently watching

Caporegime
We've just binge-watched Sharp Objects over the last 2 days. Honestly one of the best shows I've seen recently, I didn't think it would be possible to do the entire thing over 8 episodes but they managed it. My partner has read the book and she thought they did a cracking job at it too.

Soldato
Just firing up the fifth episode of Wellington Paranormal, which I gave a go due to being a big fan of What we do in the Shadows.

It's not on the same level as either the film or series of WWDITS, but it still has its moments and I do like the dry low-key Kiwi humour.

Soldato
Finished S2 of Yellowstone... myself, I would probably only give it 5/10, for the reasons I posted earlier, but also I think it's because most of the characters simply aren't likeable aside maybe Jimmy and perhaps Rip, but even then he's a bit weird. I will probably watch through S3 when it's finished, but maybe not.

On a plus side, I have started a second watch through of Justified. 1 ep in and already it's just fantastic TV :)

Soldato
@AndyCr15 lol, ok, maybe you do watch a lot ;)

On Yellowstone episode 7 of season 1 and loving it, i've openly admitted to having a bias towards Sheridans work on these forums though, I wear that on my sleeve. He ticks all the boxes I like to see in a show/movie. I'll read your spoilered comments when I finish at the weekend as i'm taking my time. I do that with shows I really like though, stretch them out, for me it's generally a sign i'm not too invested in the show if I binge in short order.

Binging TV for me is akin to fast food, you eat it without consideration to what you're really taking in and digesting...a good meal you take your time over and savour, same with a good show. All that said, it's just personal preference and we all like our own pace.

2 episodes left of S1 on Justified on a rewatch with the wife, just as good as I remember if a little shallower than I originally thought. Can't wait to rewatch S2 though, in my top seasons of any show.

We're also ploughing through Killing Eve and it dismays me it isn't mentioned more around here.

Soldato
Happy! - 7.5/10. Only 2 seasons and cancelled (hopefully picked up by another network). Very, very strange/weird. But really enjoyed it - some great dialogue and fight scenes.

Soldato
I know I'm late to the party on this but just started The Fall, now on Netflix. Only 3 episodes in but definitely hooked on it. I find it very intriguing and it keeps my attention for the full hour.

Usually with some shows I start to get bored and look at my phone but with this the time goes quickly

Definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen it before :)

Soldato
Watching Diablero. It's a Mexican show, set in Mexico City, about a demon hunter and a priest tracking down a girl who'd been snatched by a demon.

Irritates me that Netflix always defaults to dubbed English on foreign stuff but after switching to original audio with subtitles, I've enjoyed it quite a bit.

It's not amazing, but it is fun.

Happy! - 7.5/10. Only 2 seasons and cancelled (hopefully picked up by another network). Very, very strange/weird. But really enjoyed it - some great dialogue and fight scenes.
Unfortunately, it's completely dead. They'd held out hope for it getting picked up by Netflix (it's a Sci-Fi show iirc), but no luck.

I enjoyed it a lot, whilst recognising that it's probably not for everyone (weird as **** :D)

Soldato
I know I'm late to the party on this but just started The Fall, now on Netflix. Only 3 episodes in but definitely hooked on it. I find it very intriguing and it keeps my attention for the full hour.

Usually with some shows I start to get bored and look at my phone but with this the time goes quickly

Definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen it before :)

The Fall is great and again showcases what a fantastic versatile actress Gillian Anderson is.

I never finished it though, they took ages to release season 3 and by the time it was all available to watch, I'd heard many unfavorable things.

I really should finish now it's all on Netflix, however as its been 6 years since I watched season 2, might be a good excuse for a rewatch.

Soldato
Finished Yellowstone season 1 last night and share one of the main grumbles with @AndyCr15 , seems like every episode, without fail, something major happens, there is little downtime before the next problem to solve.

That said, the acting is excellent throughout, I find the story compelling and the cinematography is hard to beat as far as TV shows go.

I watched Wind River again at the weekend and i've spotted 9 people from that in Yellowstone S1, I guess Sheridan enjoyed working with them :)

Soldato
Finished True Detective S1. Up there with the best in terms of individual seasons. I've been told not to bother with S2 and S3.

S2 isn't that bad apart from awful casting of Vince Vaughn...season 1 just sets an impossibly high bar to follow. As you say, one of the best individual seasons of any show.

I've heard S3 is almost back to S1 quality but haven't seen it yet.

Back
Top Bottom