What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
I've not seen Cobra Kai I have thought about watching it but I did not like the trailer, I thought it made the show a little forced and with a dumb teen vibe.

I like the idea of Johnny Lawrence getting a redemption arch

could some one give me some more info, is it really worth watching and why ?

If you grew up in the era of the Karate Kid and if you enjoyed the Youtube Spoof of the Karate Kid told with Daniel as the bully, then you'll enjoy the nostalgia and the tongue in cheek humour of it. Johnny is a good actor, surprised he's not been in other things. If you can afford to spend 26 minutes of your life to try the first episode it's worth it.

Associate
But is your episode 1 the same as my episode 1?... they don’t play in the same order for everyone.

Indeed, need the episode titles for clarity!

I hadn't realised they were in a different order, ive updated my post and will add them here for clarity

Ep1 Sonnies Edge = 8/10
Ep2 Three Robots = 6/10
Ep3 The Witness = 5/10
Ep4 Suits = 8/10
Ep5 Sucker of Souls = 6/10
Ep6 When the Yogurt Took Over = 3/10
Ep7 Beyond the Aquila Rift = 7/10
Ep8 Good Hunting = 7/10
Ep9 The Dump = 6/10
Ep10 Shape-Shifters = 8/10
Ep11 Helping Hand = 6/10
Ep12 Fish Night = 4/10
Ep13 Lucky 13 = 7/10
Ep14 Zima Blue = 8/10
Ep15 Blindspot =7/10
Ep16 Ice Age = 7/10
Ep17 Alternate Histories = 2/10
Ep18 The Secret War = 7/10

I really enjoyed the series, with a handful which really stood out. I hope they do another follow up with some of the more successful ones

Soldato
Just finished Perry Mason. Matthew Ryhs really is a good actor IMO and plays a great character. The ending seems a little loose to me, but maybe this is how the originals used to play out? All in all, I would say worth a watch (8 eps of an hour each)

Man of Honour
Just finished Away. Overall I enjoyed it and would say it's worth a watch. I hope that it does renew for a second series

I tried to watch the first episode and found it kind of hard going - not sure I'll persist with it. Too many annoying characters, felt forced.

Associate
All Creatures Great And Small (ACGAS) on Channel 5 (well the My5 app)

Sorry, no aliens, superheroes, corrupt cops, drug cartels or spaceships here.

Just good old British family comedy/drama.

I love ACGAS when I was a kid. Great theme tune, scenery and characters. Was a must watch on a Sunday evening for our family.
Read all the books too when I was a little older.

When I heard about this remake, I thought it would more than likely be a poor copy of the original.

Well, it has turned out rather well. The beautiful scenery is there, the theme tune is different but a version of the original one is played over the end titles, the characters are just as likable.

Highly recommend it if you want a break and slow down for a bit.

Only annoyance was the My 5 app. When it plays the single advert during the ad break, it kept playing a trailer for ACGAS - I know it's on, you interrupted me watching it to tell me it's on!!!

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Yellowstone S3

The script and dialogue in this is atrocious.
12 suits just wandering over a hill in a giant ranch looking for a sports club that is nowhere near them is almost as ridiculous as the writing in the last few eps of s2.

However it has a weird charm so will keep at it.

Soldato
Shetland - police drama set on Shetland, first two series were quite standard crime of the week affairs split over two hour long episodes. It found its stride in series three where all six hour long episodes were a single story. Better than expected.

Just finished Perry Mason. Matthew Ryhs really is a good actor IMO and plays a great character. The ending seems a little loose to me, but maybe this is how the originals used to play out? All in all, I would say worth a watch (8 eps of an hour each)

I want to love this, I love the characters and the production values but I just can't get excited to watch it. It's been a difficult watch in every sense from the first episode, but I'm intrigued to see where it goes so will finish it.

Associate
Hanna S2 - made it to the end. Don't care if it comes back really, which is all I can say on that.
Gangs of London - got round to seeing this. Over-long and the watery-eyed, Thor-sounding lead was bad casting all around. The whole thing was ridiculous with more automatic weapons on the streets of London than Mosul, a murderous, crack Danish Special Forces team (wat) with a bodycount in triple figures with gratuitous, unnecessary torture in every episode. Oh, but a skyscraper smack bang in the middle of London is taken down - 0 fatalities. Okey-cokey. Ludicrous.
Scrubs S1 - Forgot the Brendan Fraser episodes were at the end of this. Maybe my man-tears have put me in an obviously bad TV-watching mood.

Soldato
I'm watching Mr Robot season 4 and its freaking phenomenal. Just got 9 episodes left with today and tommorow of work so hopefully will complete it.

Back
Top Bottom