What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Yellowstone S3

The script and dialogue in this is atrocious.
12 suits just wandering over a hill in a giant ranch looking for a sports club that is nowhere near them is almost as ridiculous as the writing in the last few eps of s2.

However it has a weird charm so will keep at it.

As much as i've really liked all the episodes, I kind of agree, there are some ridiculous convenient setups to drive the story and create conflict. The first half of season 1 felt fairly organic and natural but then it's sort of become incident of the week. The end of S3 has almost tipped me over the edge though with it's implausibility.

As @AndyCr15 has said, it looks great and I think that helps, it's got a big old country feel that really draws me in.

I find myself really liking Rip's character the most, seems to be the most fleshed out when ironically he seemed very 2D at the start. Also Jimmy is great in all his scenes and those barrel racers aren't bad on the eye either.

Soldato
I find myself really liking Rip's character the most, seems to be the most fleshed out when ironically he seemed very 2D at the start. Also Jimmy is great in all his scenes and those barrel racers aren't bad on the eye either.

I think this is the issue. Those are the only two characters you can really like. Most of the others are d*cks...

Soldato
Just finished 'The Fall' on Netflix.

First season was brilliant, then gradually went to ****. Surprised to see it rated so highly on IMDB, I thought the pacing was all over the place and plot details were dropped for no apparent reason.

It felt like after Season 2 they got the "We're only renewing for one more season, wrap it up" discussion, which would certainly explain a few things.

6/10

Last edited:
Associate
Just started watching The Boys and loving it! a few episodes in and , now Karl Urbans' accent has settled down on something at least, its really good. Loved the solution to the invisible man issue :D

Also a late starter with Kobra Kai and loving that too.

And started rewatching battlestar galactica. I don't normally go back and re do long running series but after a few episodes this has sucked me in again.

Associate
Just started watching The Boys and loving it! a few episodes in and , now Karl Urbans' accent has settled down on something at least, its really good. Loved the solution to the invisible man issue :D

If you're planning on watching season 2 don't start it yet as Amazon are only airing 1 episode a week as this show needs to be watched a season at a time to fully enjoy it.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Just finished 'The Fall' on Netflix.

First season was brilliant, then gradually went to ****. Surprised to see it rated so highly on IMDB, I thought the pacing was all over the place and plot details were dropped for no apparent reason.

It felt like after Season 2 they got the "We're only renewing for one more season, wrap it up" discussion, which would certainly explain a few things.

6/10

It felt like a classic case of someone having a good idea for a series that is only ever likely to be sustainable for a season or 2 at the very most. It has some success and suddenly its stretched out to three and 1 and a half of them are garbage and nonsensical.

Was like a child had been asked how to squeeze a third season from it.

7/10 for the first season, 4/10 for the second season and unfinished/10 for the third season. I think we are up to the last episode and neither of us have been watching it properly for a while.

Associate
All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur

Not a footie fan, by any means. This series has been great, so thought I'd give it a look.

It was brilliant.
Will I watch Spurs from now on? No. Don't be silly.
I know a few more names. Have a lot more respect for it, also.
Mourinho is more of a people person than I ever would have suspected.
Harry Kane is a top man.
Would definitely recommend.

Soldato
Started watching David Tennant , as Denis Nielsen, in Des - jury's out,
most ITV dramas are just populist / poor quality eg. Christopher Jefferies, National treasure.

Have never read much on Denis's persoanlity, and the part is very close to the quirky way that Tennant played doctor who, maybe that is just coincidence and the acting is good ?

Soldato
I quite liked the first episode of Des. I read Brian Masters' book about him years back, and that was pretty well researched.

Ah, the 70s and 80s were the golden age of serial killing...

Soldato
War and Peace (2016) The 6 part BBC adaption. Just finished the last episode. It was remarkably good. I have no idea how faithful it was, I'm guessing a lot was cut out. The acting the production qualities, the plot and photography were really good. Amongst the best of the BBC drama output no modern political spin brilliant. Paul Dano was great as Count Pierre Bezukhov not heard of him before but in the new Batman movie so that's good.

The final episode can often be a let down in many shows. War and Peace was an excpetion it was very good, pulled on the emotions really well.

Available on UKTV Play for download.

Soldato
After watching and giving up on Dark after 3 episodes, i've gone back to it due to the relentless hype surrounding season 3.

I'm glad I did, i'm up to episode 8 now and it's fantastic, I just don't think I had the right head on when I started it.

Soldato
Watching the limited series Challenger: The Final Flight on Netflix

I've seen a documentary about it in the past but this seems to go into more detail of what was being discussed behind the scenes/talking to family etc
A very sad tragedy that could have been avoided :(

Caporegime
Started watching The Fall last night. This looks like it could be very good.

Edit: 4 episodes in and liking it a lot! :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
New season of Archer is back! 2 episodes available.

Watched the first one and FINALLY we are back to present time and out of the coma (unless ofc this is ANOTHER coma dream :))

I thought the first episode was a good, strong start, especially compared to the lat 2 or 3 season which were pretty much garbage - let's see.

However, after watching too much Bobs Burgers, that's all i can hear atm with Stirling :(

Back
Top Bottom