What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Finished 'Wanted' last night. Okay I guess, but a little silly with it's plot. It's definitely not something I would recommend to others as good TV though.

Also finished Worlds Toughest Race - Eco Challenge Fiji, which I've been watching while indoor cycling. Quite good if you like that sort of thing, although I don't think they managed to portray how tough it really is. I think it could also have been clearer where all the teams are and what activity they were doing and had coming.

Soldato
Why did you watch Marcella from season 3? Lol. Definitely go back and watch them. I watched season 1 a while after it wss released and then didnt watch season 2 until i binged it all on Tuesday. I have maybe 2 or 3 episodes left of season 3

I tried carrying on with Riverdale but it's just a bit yawn at the moment :/

Has anyone watched The Teacher? I might get into that or perhaps finish I am a Killer first

How did you find season 3? We finished it last night but it felt a bit of a struggle. We both enjoyed the main storyline (if some bits are a bit stupid), but got really annoyed with Marcella/Kira and the crazyness. It just ended up annoying us and the whole episode (6?) about the backstory just bored us!

Soldato
Also finished Worlds Toughest Race - Eco Challenge Fiji, which I've been watching while indoor cycling. Quite good if you like that sort of thing, although I don't think they managed to portray how tough it really is. I think it could also have been clearer where all the teams are and what activity they were doing and had coming.

I started this one night and then completely forgot about it. Will try and get back into it.

Soldato
I enjoyed the UK ones years ago. Then wife started watching the aussie ones. Some are great episodes and then there are just boring ones that get along.

Some fitties in there too so it's good eye candy for me while we watch haha

I haven't seen the UK one but it's a lot more entertaining than I thought it would be. It's such a wild concept (I understand arranged marriages aren't anything new) so it's interesting watching it all develop and come crashing down.

There is some eye-candy on there however the good looks they have are often diluted by the sheer bat guano craziness of them

Soldato
I haven't seen the UK one but it's a lot more entertaining than I thought it would be. It's such a wild concept (I understand arranged marriages aren't anything new) so it's interesting watching it all develop and come crashing down.

There is some eye-candy on there however the good looks they have are often diluted by the sheer bat guano craziness of them

Don't forget the layers of make up also cos when you seem them with bare skin, erm what did you do with the pretty lady ????

Soldato
How did you find season 3? We finished it last night but it felt a bit of a struggle. We both enjoyed the main storyline (if some bits are a bit stupid), but got really annoyed with Marcella/Kira and the crazyness. It just ended up annoying us and the whole episode (6?) about the backstory just bored us!
I only have 1 episode left of season 3 but the crazy stuff has been getting a bit "oh here we go again". Season 2 I enjoyed because it was also a guessing game of who the suspect was but this season has been a bit meh in comparison. Up to half way through the season it kept me interested and wanting to see the next episode but the last couple the craziness has put me off somewhat. As I'm also watching it on itv hub and there seems to be an ad every 2 minutes, it feels like the episodes are dragging.

I was so looking forward to today as I could have sworn the Cecil hotel series on Netflix was out but seems it's not being added until weds....boooooooooo lol

Soldato
Finished It's A Sin last week, which was excellent, best free-to-air TV I've seen in years. Pretty grim though.

Started Sneaky Pete, couple episodes in, decent so far, but not got going really.

Also plodding through Back, not as good as Peep Show, but still pretty damn good :)

Associate
Just finished transporters on netflix also, took a few episodes to figure it out then it was enjoyable right up the the last few episodes where like most series do, it lost its way and got stupid.

Many a good TV series ruined at the end by lack of imagination or to much actually. Or trying to finish it to quickly.

Associate
Fargo (Netflix).

I'm a bit late given it was originally shown on C4 back in 2014 :o (and there is a massive thread on OCUK from back in the day) but it is an excellent series.

Never ever thought a quirky film from 1996 would be made into a multiple series and maintain the same atmosphere. Highly recommended.

Man of Honour
The drowning - absolute tosh
Ridiculous premise with unlikeable characters doing ridiculous things to further the ridiculous plot. No idea why we have continued with it :p

Totally agree, it could have been so much better, I was going to say that it was disappointing, but I think tosh fits.

Fargo (Netflix).

I'm a bit late given it was originally shown on C4 back in 2014 :o (and there is a massive thread on OCUK from back in the day) but it is an excellent series.

Never ever thought a quirky film from 1996 would be made into a multiple series and maintain the same atmosphere. Highly recommended.

Totally agree, one of those shows that you couldn’t wait to see every week.

I'm giving 'Episodes', with Matt LeBlanc, a go as my current comedy show. Just starting the second season and quite enjoying it.

I thought that “Episodes” was very well done, Steven Mangan and Tamsin Greig excelled IMO.

Man of Honour
I downloaded all six episodes of “Alex”, a Swedish cop drama on All 4, we watched the first one, it’s good enough to get you hooked, and I was up for going ahead with eps 2 and 3, but brain damage decided that she wanted to see “A New Life in the Sun”, a Brits trying to make a living in Europe show.
Granted, the two gay guys from Brighton who’d opened a cheese and wine bistro in The Dordogne was interesting, they were making a good start at getting the locals through the door.
I could have done without the mother and daughter, with their riding stables near Samur, and the couple trying to set up a glamping site in Portugal left me cold.
I may have to put my foot down to carry on with “Alex”, or maybe I’ll sweet talk her, the Gallic charm worked on her when we first met, maybe I’ll see if I’ve still got it.

Back
Top Bottom