What TV shows are you currently watching

Caporegime
As we have run out of sitcoms (basically Family Guy and Brooklyn 99 are the only ones still airing), we have tried a few newer ones.

The Duchess - We both like Katherine Ryan, and the first episode was entertaining enough.
Medical Police - Had hoped it would be wacky like Angie Tribeca, but pretty much all the jokes fell flat. Won't be continuing.
Dollface - If girl power makes you eyeroll, then it isn't for you, but the first episode was decent so will continue.

Still to test:

LA to Vegas
Space Force
Avenue 5
Insatiable

Soldato
As we have run out of sitcoms (basically Family Guy and Brooklyn 99 are the only ones still airing), we have tried a few newer ones.

The Duchess - We both like Katherine Ryan, and the first episode was entertaining enough.
Medical Police - Had hoped it would be wacky like Angie Tribeca, but pretty much all the jokes fell flat. Won't be continuing.
Dollface - If girl power makes you eyeroll, then it isn't for you, but the first episode was decent so will continue.

Still to test:

LA to Vegas
Space Force
Avenue 5
Insatiable

I assume you've watched What We Do In The Shadows?

Soldato

Still to test:

LA to Vegas
Space Force
Avenue 5
Insatiable

F for Family
The Good Place
Schitts Creek
Parks and Rec
After life
Young Sheldon
Modern Family
Upload

If you haven't seen :)

Caporegime
Just finished Rome for the 3rd time, wife's 1st proper attempt after not getting into it years back.

On 3rd viewing, it still hasn't worn off. It's such a well-made show and has aged really well. I have only watched the Sopranos this many times, says a lot.

Caporegime
F for Family - nope, wife doesn't do any animation aside from Family Guy (I watch various other animation on my own)
The Good Place - finsihed
Schitts Creek - finished
Parks and Rec - finished
After life - hate Gervais
Young Sheldon - nope
Modern Family - finished
Upload - waiting on S2

If you haven't seen :)

We've been through all the well-known stuff, hence some of the newer or unheard ofs in our current list.

Soldato
Gave up after 2 episodes unfortunately (and I loved Fresh Off The Boat before I get called Asianist :p)

Shame, i don't watch it but it's often on whilst i'm doing stuff as my wife does and it seems quite amusing in parts.

A few of my selection would be Bojack Horseman, Archer or Future Man.

All have quite a few seasons so you have a good amount of stuff to watch. My wife doesn't like animation but really enjoyed Bojack. Archer less so.

We've persevered with Schitts Creek and are actually really enjoying it now. Glad we didn't write it off too soon.

Caporegime
Shame, i don't watch it but it's often on whilst i'm doing stuff as my wife does and it seems quite amusing in parts.

A few of my selection would be Bojack Horseman, Archer or Future Man.

All have quite a few seasons so you have a good amount of stuff to watch. My wife doesn't like animation but really enjoyed Bojack. Archer less so.

We've persevered with Schitts Creek and are actually really enjoying it now. Glad we didn't write it off too soon.

Bojack is the greatest show released in the 2010's imo :D

Archer is hit and miss (love the older seasons).

Future Man did not gel with me at all.

Soldato
Bojack is the greatest show released in the 2010's imo :D

Archer is hit and miss (love the older seasons).

Future Man did not gel with me at all.

Very much agree on the first 2 points. Archer tails off when it starts going into Non-Isis related storylines for me. I'm not sure i've even watched the last season.

Bojack is excellent. I remember trying it, half watching it and then not bothering for ages, then started again and loved it and encouraged the wife to catch up :D

Associate
Line of Duty Season 3 - Enjoying this a lot. So many pieces of the puzzle coming together.
Wandavision - Three episodes in and not really feeling it at the moment.
Riverdale - Switch off brain, American teen nonsense. But strangely watchable.

Soldato
Just finished Rome for the 3rd time, wife's 1st proper attempt after not getting into it years back.

On 3rd viewing, it still hasn't worn off. It's such a well-made show and has aged really well. I have only watched the Sopranos this many times, says a lot.

Rome is #1 series of all time, I was thinking of watching it again actually, most of the stuff on streaming services is dross in comparison.

It's as close to perfect as TV gets imo. Everything about it is great!

Soldato
See starring Jason Momoa. It's on Apple TV+

A show set in the future where nearly everyone is blind and the the ability to see is considered evil. A virus or plague wiped out all but 2 million people and left everyone else blind.

Sounds interesting doesn't it? But it stretches credibility far beyond breaking point. There are so many things that make no sense. And, The Queen's voice is so annoying.
Some of the fight scenes are really good, if you shut off your brain that is. The world looks amazing and the cinematography is excellent.

But, despite the high production values, pretty good cast and the interesting premise, the show is boring. It moves at a snails pace and the constant switching between having super hearing to not been able to hear anything is really jarring.

Back
Top Bottom