What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
...started The Flight Attendant and though I've only watched one episode so far, it seems promising :)

I thought it was very good, Kaley Cuoco clearly draws on her experience/role from TBBT, you would could be excused thinking it was Penny after leaving TBBT :)

That said it doesn't distract enough to not making it enjoyable to watch and it's easily a bingeable watch.

Soldato
Finishes watching Season 4 of Unforgotten, as typical for this series the acting and stry is of the highest standards. Most excellent.
As mentioned earlier I would not start watching this season before the others....

I'm just starting season 1, just a couple of eps in and I enjoying it enough so far. I'm curious as to why you think you need to tell people to not watch season 4 before all the others!? Why would anyone do that? Is this something people do? (Don't give spoilers of course :) Just seems an odd thing to keep pointing out?)

The only show I can think of, off the top of my head, is 'True Detective'... oh and maybe 'Fargo', where each season is a different story with different actors, so I guess you could watch in any order.

Associate
I'm just starting season 1, just a couple of eps in and I enjoying it enough so far. I'm curious as to why you think you need to tell people to not watch season 4 before all the others!? Why would anyone do that? Is this something people do? (Don't give spoilers of course :) Just seems an odd thing to keep pointing out?)

The only show I can think of, off the top of my head, is 'True Detective'... oh and maybe 'Fargo', where each season is a different story with different actors, so I guess you could watch in any order.

I would have said the same thing, don't jump in and watch season 4 before any others - only because Unforgotten's strength is the partnership between Cassie and Sunny. Watching the current season before the others (trying not to spoil) will almost certainly rob the viewer's full appreciation of their bond at the end of series 4.

But I agree it's odd to start watching a series mid way through, but I do know some people who'll pick up and watch TV series at any point and if they enjoy it go back and watch past series of the same show.

Soldato
@AndyCr15 bizarrely as it may seem, then again @roge8014 covered it, I have known some people to pick up the most current series first and if they like and want more to go and search out older ones.

I can't remember which TV series it was now, in fact this might have happened more than once, but trying to find previous series to a current one isn't always easy to do.
Thankfully all 4 series of Unforgotten should be readily available.

Soldato
but I do know some people who'll pick up and watch TV series at any point and if they enjoy it go back and watch past series of the same show.
I have known some people to pick up the most current series first and if they like and want more to go and search out older ones.

I think these people have something wrong with themselves and need cutting out of your lives immediately... :p :cry:

Having finished Corporate (was a little odd, but okay) I needed a new comedy, so have started on Derry Girls. Ep 1 made me chuckle a few times, so will stick with that.

Associate
(Vikings) Finished Season 6 (Part 2) last night, final two episodes. Gripping stuff and literally a "saga" when you look back at all the characters who came and went during the course of the show. The concluding episode still left me wanting more -
What became of Ubbe's fledging colony in Newfoundland, did they integrate with the natives, did it end in tears or maybe they decided to sail further down the coast? Given Floki had carved some Christian as well as Nordic symbology on the trees, had he finally regretted killing Athelstan and embraced the concept of more than one "god"? Was Hvitserk genuinely converted to Christianity or was it another ruse? Did Ingrid manage to hold on to her power in Kattegat and counter the Christian threat or was she too usurped?

Hopefully the forthcoming Valhalla will answer some of the questions.

Last edited:
Soldato
Started watching Derek with Ricky Gervais, quite touching on its own way pretty funny in places too. Karl Pilkington is good.

I enjoy all his shows. Kev is hilarious, they really ramp his character up in season 2.

I did find it did try too hard to be touching at times but then he does that a lot in all his work to some extent

Soldato
I enjoy all his shows. Kev is hilarious, they really ramp his character up in season 2.

I did find it did try too hard to be touching at times but then he does that a lot in all his work to some extent
Finished series 2 last night and yes, without Doug, Kev did up the ante quite a bit!

Associate
I've started The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and it's pretty good... but just seems like an odd choice to make a show around, Wandavision I get, Loki I double get... but are there many people who were really chomping at the bit to have more of Birdboy and Patriotman's Pal? I can't say they're character's I've ever given a second thought to... show is good though so no complaints, at least it's not Hawkeye I guess.

Soldato
Lots of people here praised Unforgotten and having just finished S4 I can understand why (and agree), but...

5 police officers decided to cover up 'an accident' where someone died? Really? Then, the murder weapon, a fountain pen, has a serial number allowing it to be tracked to the buyer. Really?

Having said that, it is very good and I like the ending.

Back
Top Bottom