1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What TV shows are you currently watching

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Kaiju, 27 Jan 2015.

1. Begbie

Capodecina

One of the funniest men to be on taskmaster, unreal behaviour from that man.

2. Nitefly

Man of Honour

I have what I think is a really good recommendation: Avatar - The Last Airbender.

It’s animated and in an ‘anime’ style. Concept is on paper a fairly simple ‘chosen one’ story, a child friendly one at that. It has the ‘excitement’ of something like Dragonball Z with the charm of a studio Ghibli film.

Really, it is astonishingly good. Wholesome, some feels, some depth, lots of moral stuff and actually very, very funny too. Surprisingly funny? There was a piece of nonsense dialogue about the location of a room in a castle that was so unashamedly absurd and irrelevant it’s had me giggling for days.

Just a really well balanced, good time show. Haven’t got too far into it but from what I’ve seen so far, a really solid light and family friendly watch.

3. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

I do need to give that another go, I watched the first episode and found it very 'kiddy' but apparently it gets better. I'm not generally an anime fan but I do make an exception for the really great ones and that is meant to be one of the best.

4. Nitefly

Man of Honour

You’ll have to accept that it’s going to lack some of the adult themes of ‘adult’ shows and appreciate it as a light, rounded show for ‘everyone’. In that sense, I think it excels and it has surpassed my expectations.

I also think that humour that is universally funny (without having to resort to pop-culture, laughing at others or being shocking/rude) is actually the ‘best’ form of humour. I won’t say that it’s life changingly funny, but it is surprisingly so (at least for me).

5. krooton

Caporegime

My cabbages!

6. Lartyconshayo

Mobster

Rewatching Succession. Compellingly brilliant 10/10

7. Nitefly

Man of Honour

:D

8. AndyCr15

Capodecina

Finished S3 of Marcella last night. It goes into a different type of show for S3 I feel, which seems a little odd? Moves from police drama, almost to psychological thriller in some ways? Didn't really enjoy S3 as mush as S1 and S2, perhaps because of this.

Also didn't like they showed a massive spoiler to the final moments of drama, right at the beginning?! Why did they do that? When Marcella was being chased, we kind of knew what would happen?!

Don't think I've heard of this, but has some good actors in and is rated very highly, so is on my list now :) Thanks.

Last edited: 29 Apr 2021
  9. Lartyconshayo

Mobster

I love Kieran Culkin's character in this.

I'm assuming you have seen Halt And Catch Fire ? Free on Amazon Prime. Well worth adding to the list.

10. David Flett

Wise Guy

After playing ghost of tshunima I watched age of samurai on netflix was quite Interesting, Also Just finished the first season of Marco Polo which I find pretty dood as well. Start season 2 today.

On sky I started watching viewpoint with the wife, it has noel Clark in it so I didn't think it was going to be any good but he's no where near as over the top in it.

11. doodah

Capodecina

We almost stopped watching a few episodes into season 2 (history channel parts) but it does pick up again.

12. secretspy

Soldato

I agree S2 of Discovery of Witches was a struggle to get into at first.

I've finally started watching Line of Duty. only half way though season 2 but have to admit I have a bit of a soft spot for DS Arnott. Can't put my finger on why, I just do :o :D

Started The Irregulars a couple of weeks ago, enjoyed the first episode but didn't grab my attention enough to immediately want to binge watch it. I have however started also watching Mare of East town and so far, so good. if all the episodes were available I definitely would have binged it all by now.

13. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

@AndyCr15 once again, echoing my thoughts - "get out of my mind" :D

The tonal shift for S3 wasn't exactly bad but it didn't match what we'd already seen and I frankly wanted to see some fallout from the big reveal at the end of S2. I still want to see her meet a bad end but that's a combination of Friel and character dislike.

14. Reality|Bites

Soldato

Well get the movie Red Road (Scottish movie) if you like him.

15. doodah

Capodecina

Nearing the end of Your Honor, still liking it but I especially love the score!

16. AndyCr15

Capodecina

At some point, like Marcella and Kiera, we find out we're actually the same person, posting in a different consciousness :cry:

Yes, rather enjoyed it.

17. Andrew_McP

Mobster

[​IMG]

Ok, now I've got your attention with the rather delightful Audrey Fleurot, I'm just starting season 3 of 'Spiral'. It's a French "Wire-a-like" police drama, but if you coped with the subtitles in Gomorrah you'll fit right in. It's not Gomorrah, The Wire or The Shield, but there are elements of all of them. It took me a while to settle into the first series while they were establishing the characters, but I made it through and season two was much more one-more-episodeable... 8/10. Or 14/10 if you're an old, unreconstructed cancellable perv who likes redheads.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0072wlb/episodes/guide

Last edited: 29 Apr 2021
  18. jpaul

Capodecina

you mean women with red hair ? but yes it's very good, definitely an equal opportunities police force,
    checkout spin and braquo too .. next on my watch list the bureau a french security service series

19. uber soldat

Mobster

Well I was watching Viewpoint but now thanks to ITV's cancel culture nonsense I'll have to watch it on the hub. :rolleyes:

20. Reality|Bites

Soldato

Why what happened? I don't watch the TV.