What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
Watching Final Space, currently getting into season 3 atm... I don't tend to come across much adult swim stuff... I but it's about what I'd expect, a jokey, sort of adult cartoon. While I am enjoying it for sure (otherwise I'd have stopped at season 1) it's nothing I'd put my neck out to vouch for, might be more of on a second monitor while grinding some stuff out in a game kinda deal for most... Clarence is probably my favourite character to-date (shows up a lot more in season 2 than 1), but Hue is funny, and Mooncake is adorable.

Soldato
Just got a free month of Prime, so have watched both seasons of Jack Ryan and am now watching The Expanse all the way from the beginning - again. Bosch S7 starts this week, so I think I'll carry on with Prime and watch that from S1 too.

Pet Northerner
Don
Just got a free month of Prime, so have watched both seasons of Jack Ryan and am now watching The Expanse all the way from the beginning - again. Bosch S7 starts this week, so I think I'll carry on with Prime and watch that from S1 too.
Bosch is some of the best tv out there. You can tell the author of the books is somewhat involved in the production.

I've been reading the books since 2001 and there are some of my favourites:)

Soldato
ZeroZeroZero - 9/10 - the story of a large cocaine shipment from Mexico to Italy and all the problems faced along the way on the build up and during the transportation.

Watched this last week on the back of a recommendation here due to being a big fan of Gomorra.

Filmed across multiple continents on location, high production, complex multi layered story telling, convincing characters, I wish there was more TV of this standard. I feel a real sense of loss now it's ended, very few TV shows that can leave you feeling like this.

I would give it a 10/10 if not for a few minor editing niggles and mistakes that could have easily been resolved but it's nit picking mainly.

Music is very reminiscent of Gomorra despite being Mogwai instead of Mokadelic.

Soldato
I keep meaning to go back to this. I had some kind of issue with the subtitles the first time I tried and I just moved on to something else. Will have another go soon.

Just had a thought, was your issue a micro stutter with the frame each time new subtitles came on screen? I had this using VLC on both TV and tablet, had to switch to Kodi to remedy it. Strange as VLC has been bulletproof for everything as long as I can remember which is likely 15+ years.

Soldato
Just had a thought, was your issue a micro stutter with the frame each time new subtitles came on screen? I had this using VLC on both TV and tablet, had to switch to Kodi to remedy it. Strange as VLC has been bulletproof for everything as long as I can remember which is likely 15+ years.

No, I think it might have been they weren't lined up correctly, out of time... using Plex. I can't be sure that was this show mind you.

Really not sure about Start Up at the moment, I'm just starting Season 3 (which is on Amazon Prime, but not Netflix where I watched the first two seasons...) It's a little overly dramatic/fake and the characters aren't that likable. I guess at this point I'll see it through, but I don't think it's a show I would actually recommend.

Soldato
Boys now a little older and he wanted to watch the Walking Dead, wife and I gave this up after S2, now I have to watch 10 seasons with him. :( Watching 4 or 5 a week going to be 6 months...... :cry:

S1 - 5 or 6 were some great TV (not so much S2 - The Farm!) So a great watch up to that point and then prepare for many, many hours of talking about feelings and planting vegetables.

Back
Top Bottom