What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
I watch a lot, but current favourites just now (this week) are

Scandal
Madam Secretary
Elementary
Castle
The Blacklist

Vikings is also awesome, looking forward to the next season.

Soldato
Just finished watching 24, started in October and finally finished a couple of nights ago. Feel lost not watching it! Trying to find another series similar, I've watched Jericho, Strike Back. I'm thinking of Prison Break? Ideally it has to be on the Sky Box sets.

Caporegime
Just finished watching 24, started in October and finally finished a couple of nights ago. Feel lost not watching it! Trying to find another series similar, I've watched Jericho, Strike Back. I'm thinking of Prison Break? Ideally it has to be on the Sky Box sets.

Alias season 1 and 2 is similar to 24 with a season long story arc.

Associate
Second watch through of Battlestar Galactica here. I'm also watching The Expanse as and when new episodes are released. Only 3 so far but it looks promising.

Awaiting the next season of Bates Motel. I can't decide if its actually any good critically, but its kept my attention this far.

Soldato
Just finished off all four series of Hell on Wheels, on Amazon prime. A fifth season has been made, so hopefully will find that on Prime soon enough.

It was no classic, but I really did enjoy the first two series. Season 3 wasn't quite as good, but still decent, but season 4 was a disappointment - loads of single issue episodes, with very little railroad building or shooting. Reminded me of Dr Quinn: medicine woman (i.e. a ****ing soap opera)

Brief comments, including some spoilers for all four series below:
I can broadly understand why they killed off Lily at the end of S2, but I didn't expect it to improve the series - it didn't. The later disappearance and then death of Elam was just another symptom of the series moving away from what I loved about S1 and S2. S5 looks like being a bit of a fresh start for bohannen (sp?), with the mcguffin of finding his family. Hopefully it'll be a return to form. As the show was cancelled after S5, I'm not all that optimistic. Shame really.

Need to decide on a new series to watch. Will scour this thread for candidates.

Soldato
I've watched the first five episodes of the BBC drama Dickensian and really enjoying it.

Also caught the first episode of War and Peace last night and that it very good too. It's a little distracting that a couple of Dickensian actors are in it though.

Associate
The Blacklist
Extant
Supernatural
The Walking Dead
Gotham
Arrow
The Flash
Marvel's Agents of Shield
Marvel's Agent Carter
State of Affairs
Justified
Supernatural
The Walking Dead
Helix
12 Monkeys
Sleepy Hollow
The Blacklist
Grimm
Banshee
Stalker
Constantine
The Mentalist
Criminal Minds
The 100
Castle
Forever
Resurrection
Jessica Jones

Waiting for:
The Strain
The Fall
True Detective
Game of Thrones
Ray Donovan
Jessica Jones
Daredevil

Associate
Just finished Amazon's The Man In The High Castle.

Only watched it because it was based on a Philip K Dick novel (one I've not read, yet).

It was excellent - a "what if" show set in an alternate timeline 1960's America, where Germany and Japan had won WW2. Only the resistance were collecting films for a guy only know as "the man in the high castle" which shows the Allies winning the war.

A sci-fi programme with hardly an ounce of sci-fi in it, but what a series.

It gets a little "flabby" around episodes 4/5/6, but manages to keep the tension going through to final episode. And the last 10 minutes or so of the final episode......looking forward for series 2!

Also I'm curious about 11.22.63 - I really enjoyed the book, I wonder if they can do it justice on the small screen?

Associate
Just watched the most recent episode of The Blacklist, having followed it from the start it was a great episode.

Soldato
Just watched the first 2 episodes of Shadowhunters and the last.
Biggest load of crap I've seen in a long time. It looks as it feels, cheap. The acting is really dire, the ability to show or convey emotion, seems to be beyond any of their abilities. The script is really corny, must have been written by a 10 year old.

Back
Top Bottom