What tyres.

GT3

GT3

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
You can't expect performance tyre tests to cover extreme high-power testing conditions like pizza delivery :p

No, but high speed cornering and the effects it has on the wear rate of the sidewalls I would have ;)

Man of Honour
GT3 said:
No, but high speed cornering and the effects it has on the wear rate of the sidewalls I would have ;)

I'm still convinced you were driving around on incorrectly inflated tyres or something, as nobody else seems to rip them apart like you did and thats on cars that actually have power. You'll never admit you were though even if you were, so this discussion isn't going anywhere.

Soldato
I've just swapped Conti Sport Contact 2 - which lasted 13k on the front of my ST TDCi - for Michelin Pilot Sport 2. Only done about 600 miles on them but they are definitely quieter than the Conti's.

I would have gone for the F1's but 2 tyre places told me they wouldn't last 5 minutes if I only got 13k out of the Conti's.

GT3

GT3

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
I'm still convinced you were driving around on incorrectly inflated tyres or something, as nobody else seems to rip them apart like you did and thats on cars that actually have power. You'll never admit you were though even if you were, so this discussion isn't going anywhere.

Well I've got some on now, inflated to 32psi. Give it a couple of weeks and I'll let you know what they look like :)

Soldato
thepharcyde said:
My 2 fronts on the ST, will soon need replacing. I recently had a puncture on the rear and replaced it with the same Conti Sports contact which cost £120 a corner.

As follows

215/45/17, I have checked out Etyres.co.uk and Black circles who seem to have more budget variations compared to Etyres but the guy who replaced the punctured one, was a car buff, and treated my wheels with respect and was very happy with the service.

One which has caught my eye, only because I have seen them advertised in motor racing, but have not seen any reviews of are these, £79.89.

http://www.blackcircles.com/information?modelid=142746

Basically, I am after some long wearing/lower road noise. I am after good grip, but do not want to replace them sooner. the front contis, have lasted 20k on the front which is good, but I cant help thinking the grip levels could be better, especially in the wet.

Any advise appreciated.
I have Pirelli P Zero Neros on my ST, have you tried those? Pretty good tires I reckon.

Associate
I had 2 of the ZE512's front of my astra, they were nothing special and didn't last long 5k, but then again they were fitted a day before the second ring trip :p

I bought them from http://www.falkentyres.co.uk

They sell the 215/45/17 (same size as on my Rover, so will probably be buying some soon) for £50, but the new FK452 for 7 quid might be a better tyre?

Back
Top Bottom