What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Associate
90% done with building my new flight/racing rig (well 90% done with stage 1 anyway!) so I’ve really been enjoying getting back into playing some sim games.

In the steam sale I picked up RaceFactor 2, and AMS2 which has a great VR implementation. I also picked up IL2 BoB in their own sale, which seems to have a nicely optimised VR experience (unfortunately you do still need to use a keyboard in setup and there are not any touch interactions eg with cockpit etc).

Added a transducer to the rig (a buttkicker mini-CT) and software to pull the telemetry from the games rather than using sound (SimHub for racing and sim shaker wings for IL2)... amazing. Totally transforms the experience and I can’t get enough of it, already thinking about adding a second one. Turning off the transducer feels like the experience is broken now! I can highly recommend one if you are into your VR sims.

Purely out of curiosity, do you have any pics of this setup? Sounds absolutely class!

Caporegime
Got Beat Saber for PSVR but a bit annoyed there's very little choice in terms of songs, so I'm working on getting it working with my PC with a 360 Kinect, just waiting for the PC adapter to arrive.

Soldato
Sorry I missed your post for some reason until melmac tagged me. Thanks for the completely unwarranted praise guys lol.

I’ve still got some tidying up to do with wires, and I need to make two more actuators (the pedal platform is motorised and working already, the upper wheel mount section also slides back to make getting in/out easier and I’m intending to have that motorised too. I wasn’t intending on posting about it until I’ve finished that stuff... can do a thread on it if there’s any interest.

edit - started a thread in the project log forum for you!

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/zee-sim-rig.18893357/

Last edited:
Soldato
Cannot get enough of Tetris Effect on PC at present, so relaxing and enjoyable to just sit and play for hours!

Installed Doom VFR too, really well put together game and looks great. One of the only games I found myself with motion sickness a bit though. Wondering if there is a free look speed setting I can adjust to slow it down a little. Great gameplay mind

Soldato
In Death Unchained has made me break out my Quest and start using it regularly again. Wireless and new features more than make up for the graphics downgrade on Quest, and it's astonishing how they've managed to get it to work at all.

I've been playing a lot of Skyrim VR on the Index with the Ultimate VR Essentials modlist, which looks and plays almost like a new game. It is quite crashy though so regular saving is essential.

Soldato
Started Walking Dead.

Seems ok, well made etc. I dont really get the overall structure / time mechanic just yet.

Dark areas with the flash light have a great atmosphere to them

Associate
Started Walking Dead.

Seems ok, well made etc. I dont really get the overall structure / time mechanic just yet.

Dark areas with the flash light have a great atmosphere to them
I have started to play this - the whole game mechanics are not very well explained and I had to watch a couple of videos out there to understand it. Basically once the bell strikes the area gets flooded with zombies.

Plus stamina is pretty important - running around makes you more hungry

Soldato
I have started to play this - the whole game mechanics are not very well explained and I had to watch a couple of videos out there to understand it. Basically once the bell strikes the area gets flooded with zombies.

Plus stamina is pretty important - running around makes you more hungry

Yeah I hung around too long and got killed easy! But it does the dark souls thing where you get to keep your stuff if you get back to where you died to collect it.

Stamina is a bit frustrating. I imagine we can bump that up as the game goes on

Also I think side quests are timed in a way. I was asked to get something, found the item but had to leave as the night came. Next day I went back and the person I was helping was gone

Soldato
Project cars in VR with wheel and peddle setup is a whole different experience to flat screens, sitting in the car, using the mirrors etc bumper bumper just doesn't feel the same on traditional screen setup.

Soldato
Played a free game called Spellbound Spire over the weekend. Worked great over wireless desktop. Its an escape room type game however they've done it in such a way that you are not limited by the extent of your playspace. Was really impressed.

Soldato
Played a bit if saints and sinners and I feel that may have been a bit over rated. It seems fine, just a bit bland? I'll give it more time.

Played some more Contractors and starting to think I should try Pavlov too as the player base is very small on Contractors from what I can tell. Taking a while to find a good server etc.

Will check out Vtol too!

Soldato
Played a bit if saints and sinners and I feel that may have been a bit over rated. It seems fine, just a bit bland? I'll give it more time.

It does seem rather underwhelming at parts to begin with but once you get through a couple of days of raiding etc the cycle is rather satisfying and the more you get used to the killing motions again the more satisfying the game becomes. The only thing I don't really enjoy in the game is the gun play versus the human enemies, I don't find it great. Other than that I think it's just a game that gets better over the time you spend with it.

Back
Top Bottom