What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Soldato
Played a bit if saints and sinners and I feel that may have been a bit over rated. It seems fine, just a bit bland? I'll give it more time.

I don't like that you can't seem to interact with the humans apart from fighting them or leaving them alone. I've not got very far though, but it hasn't grabbed me like I'd hoped.

Im behind the times by a few years I know, but is elite dangerous a good game? Worth getting to play in VR? Do you play against real people all the time? How detailed is the universe you play in?

I loved the game and mounted up many many hours, all before I got VR. By the time I got VR I was completely played out of ED. I had a quick go and it looked amazing, I just had forgotten how to play and ended up trashing my spaceship and losing everything I had built up.

Soldato
I loved the game and mounted up many many hours, all before I got VR. By the time I got VR I was completely played out of ED. I had a quick go and it looked amazing, I just had forgotten how to play and ended up trashing my spaceship and losing everything I had built up.
This is pretty much what happened with me trying E:D in VR. Just taking off in a spacestation was epic - but I couldn't remember the controls properly, and trying to re-learn them while unable to see my hands on the keyboard was too difficult.

I think what I really need to do (but have never managed to because it'll require quite a bit of time put aside) is to re-start playing E:D in non-VR mode until I'm totally au fait with the controls again, then switch to VR mode.

Soldato
Giving the rhythm games some serious attention.

Pistol Whip dropped an update that i really like. Three bang on chilled out summer vocal tracks get you swinging. They've really nailed the format now with the tracks, modifiers, and challenges. Rocking Hero, a guitar hero clone that works out great with the fingers on the Index controls. Slowly exploring the world of clone hero trying to find stuff i like, as it's fully compatible with the game.

And Beat Saber never stops being Beat Saber, does it not.

Soldato
Getting back into Alien Isolation on my Index. I had to use the previous version of the MotherVR mod because the latest doesn't seem to work properly with Index controllers or a gamepad.

I'd tried this on the Rift, but this looks so much clearer on the Index, and it really does the enviromnents justice.

Still utterly terrifying!

Associate
I'm trying my best with onward (1.7 on Quest via VD). I'm not into multiplayer stuff, but saw the hype and decided it was worth a go even to mess about with the single-player training stuff.

I'm an old git, but even on rookie, the AI of the enemies seems far too razor sharp for me. I peek my head out a tad around the corner of a building and within a second I'm taking damage from 2 or 3 guys that are merely small black outlines from several hundred yards away. Back in, regain a bit of health, back out knowing where there are and they still get off bullseye shots at me before I can get them in my sights. Every one of them seems to be a crack shot. One or two lucky hits from me and they throw out a smoke bomb and move position, and then they'll split up and a couple will flank my position.

More times that enough I end up dead with very little feeling of having had even a bit of a good time. 20 goes I've had, and once..just once.. I killed all seven of them.

And yes, I know I'm old in this realm, but I think not having a crouch button, i.e. actually forcing you to crouch etc, is a killer.

Soldato
Just downloaded DCS world, basic version is FREE (did not know that). About to try and set it up with VR but had a go on the monitor first and god its complicated. I don't have a HOTAS yet just using a gamepad.

Any tips for setting it up in VR?

Soldato
Just downloaded DCS world, basic version is FREE (did not know that). About to try and set it up with VR but had a go on the monitor first and god its complicated. I don't have a HOTAS yet just using a gamepad.

Any tips for setting it up in VR?

My tip, Get a HOTAS. It's easier to setup and use in VR for flight sims/elite etc. And it's an amazing experience.

Back
Top Bottom