What was your first ever post on the Forums?

Associate
Finding your first post
Go to search > advanced search
Search for posts by your username and order in ascending order.

-----------

Not sure if this has been done before but Just thought I'd just throw this out there and ask a simple question..... What was your first ever post?
I had to close a few Wanted threads earlier and thought I'd read my own introduction into the OcUK family. Had to smile at the rig I used to own, and what I bought at the time.

Here's mine dated 16th May 2007

Hello to all! This is my 1st thread on this site so be gentle! I've just dived head first into the depths of the 'overclocking' seas and have just upgraded my CPU cooler from a 'cheap' Akasa AK-859 cooler with adjustable speed control (which is not fitted) to a Zalmann CNPS 8000. The only question I have at this moment (as I have many) is that the copper pipes seem to be very, very close to my DIMM A1 module (about 2mm). Will this damage it?

Asus A8R-MVP MB
2x1gb 4-Layer V-Data PC3200 DDR SDRAM
Mercury EP-4500 500w (its a lie i tell ya!!) PSU
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (939) Manchester Core
Core Speed - 2400.7
Multipier - x10.0
Bus Spd - 240.1
HT Link - 480.2
Voltage - 1.40

Core 0 temp - 37
Core 1 temp - 38

Too much info?

I look forward to ANY replies!!

Cheers

*Hope this thread is in the right place....

Man of Honour
Hello all,

I've started the long but satisfying mission of silencing. A Zalman 700 cu has helped a little (stock 6800gt blower before :mad: ), as has an Amber.

Now that I've got the overall noise level down it's clear the pump that came with the Corsair cool (MCP350 Swiftech) is the source of the problem.

Can anyone advise a quiet (Silent maybe :confused: ) pump as this one simply will not do. Oh and flow doesn't matter too much seeing as it's only in loop with a 120.1 Rad and CPU block.

Thanks in advance for any info.

(I've read these forums for a pretty long while, so I'm not unfamiliar - just my first post :p )

Soldato
It only keeps a history of 500 posts.

It was probably something inane anyway.

Advanced search > Sort Results By: Last Posting Date: in Ascending Order

OBR have, apparently, benchmarked the new Richland A10-6800k;
http://www.obr-hardware.com/2013/02/some-news-from-amd-apu-world.html

Looks to be ~12% improvement on the graphics side of the deal, ~2% on processing.

I'll be getting one, as long as there's a half decent m-itx board to pair it with by then (I'm banking on Gigabyte's soon-to-be-released effort to do the business)
Didn't go ITX in the end.

Man of Honour
Advanced search > Sort Results By: Last Posting Date: in Ascending Order

This. It somehow doesn't seem to be working correctly when I search for tom_e, it only goes back to Dec 2016 when others go back all the way to the beginning.

Edited OP to include instructions on how to find your first post.

Soldato
Right, hello everyone! I am relatively new to the forums despite being a long time lurker and benefactor of a lot of the useful people on here!
So, I have a question or 3!
Think back to your school days and your IT or Computing experience.
What was it like? What did you enjoy? What do you think the kids of today should be taught?
I do have an agenda here! I am a teacher of Computing and trying to get students engaged and interested nowadays into this wonderfully geeky world can be a challenge!
To combat that I am building a rig at school! That should be fun

Also on a personal note, Im looking to build a small PC at home for work, development and some programming with occasional video/photo edit.
Has anyone had any experience with the following parts or can suggest any improvements in my build:
Elite 130
Z97i-Plus
HyperX Beast 2400mhz 16gb RAM
MX100 SSD 256GB
Possibly water cooled (H80i?)
PSU?? Not sure

Thanks for looking guys (Apologies if this is not the right section!)
Ahh my first few months in my new job, seems like decades but its only been 2 and a bit years!

Went on to build that system and its had a few upgrades along the way! Still have it now :D

Man of Honour
The earliest one I can see is about the Orlando nightclub shooting...last year?

I'm unsure if you'll be able to view the search I did, but give it a go

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/search.php?searchid=24950503

Your first post was:

Just about to move out of my parents home of some 20 odd years and into my newly renovated flat to live on my own. Most people would be excited but to be quite honest with you I'm bricking myself about it.

I can't drive (medical reason) and my friends most of which have their own places are not easy for me to get to other than expensive taxi rides. So everyone will have to come to me.

My girlfriend can drive so she can come and see me but she is very busy and will probably only get a chance one night a week.

So anyone here moved straight from the nest into a world of solitude? What was it like, any success stories? Or should I be looking for a flat mate right now so I don't go stir crazy during the evenings?

Long time listener first time caller btw! :)

Soldato
Mine only goes back to March 2015 :confused:

*edit* - Although if I choose threads instead of posts, it'll go all the way back.

First post was in a Show Us Your Desktop thread in Feb 2005, 12 years ago! :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey guys,

I'm currently running a HAF 912 Advanced which I really like. HOWEVER, I find cable management a bit of a pain and I would like the option of having a large radiator on the top.

Which full tower cases would you suggest? My price range isn't really a thing, as what ever I decide I will wait until I can grab a bargain on ebay.

Thanks

That's me ^

Soldato
Hey Guys and Girls, first post here so excuse any mistakes.

My current system is as follows:
Q6600 G0 Stepping @ Stock
TPower i45 Mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair XMS2
Radeon 4870HD 512Mb

Reason the CPU is at stock is that for some reason im always in a hot room regardless of if its at home or uni. Current idle temp is about 39'c and under video encoding or rendering it rises to about 72'c. I did a prime95 the other night and I reached 84'c on a torture test for about 4runs. Hence why its too hot to overclock which is a shame because my system was built for it 2 christmas's ago, anyways sorry i digress.

Basically I have been looking at the new i7 930, some sort of motherboard thats good for that CPU, 6gb of triple channel RAM (if the CPU and mobo support it, havent really been looking at the market last year or so, so not upto date), and maybe a new GFX.

My daily tasks are 3D Modelling in Maya, I spend about 30hours a week doing that, I render a little in After Effects and Maya, a lot of engine work, usually Unity3D and gaming obviously.

So after all that said, I know that the upgrade will be faster but would I see a noticable difference that would help my workflow in the said applications above or should I hang on a few more months and watch the market? Its not like I can complain too much with how long things take, but I have nothing to compare too so I might think that waiting X amount of time to render something is ok but with an upgrade I could half that time. Does that make sense?

Erm..yea, I think I had a question in all that? So opinions anyone?

I changed the cooler in the end and got a good 3.6Ghz overclock. Shame I hardly spend anytime going game dev these days. :(

Back
Top Bottom