What watch do you wear?

Man of Honour
I had a good look at a Linde Werdelin at a watch forum meet years ago. It was an impressive bit of kit. I didn't want it, but it was impressive. What do you reckon to it?

Soldato
I had a good look at a Linde Werdelin at a watch forum meet years ago. It was an impressive bit of kit. I didn't want it, but it was impressive. What do you reckon to it?
It looks like one of those things that is a great bit of kit and a nice experiment.....wouldn't wear it myself though.

Associate

Love the brand and want one of the lower priced pieces but this one is too much money for me though it wears amazingly well and the multicoloured lume is nice.

Man of Honour
I've finally done it and ordered a bronze watch. This has been in the basket since i bought the Aquascaphe SB01 ages ago and tonight just pulled the trigger.

Don't know how I feel about owning basically the same watch twice but will be cool to see the ageing process of the bronze :cool:

Soldato
So I am about to purchase 2 Hamilton watches. The guy has a Hamilton Lord Auto Chrono and a Hamilton Khaki Pilot Day Date which I'm buying second hand together for 800 EUR. I don't want to keep them but know that the Lord Chrono should go for about 1250 on chrono24 and the pilot 4-500. I'm happy to sit on them while they sell and could even take 1k and 400 and still be nicely up. Should arrive this weekend.

Soldato
ly4T75E.png
jvaeNhR.png
1LqprFU.png

Not my listings but these will be what I have up as of tomorrow. I reckon knock down the prices, 1750 top, 1150 middle and 550 bottom.

The 1750 from the top one I would like to put into purchasing a Breitling SuperOcean Heritage... Would be nice if I could get one just a touch under or around 2k but seems like they're all holding strong at 2.4-2.6k. Hamilton funds have come out of my car saving money, so will just go back into that!

Man of Honour
Bought some Amazon super fine sanding scotch pads to give brushing the polished buckles on the Baltic and Hamilton a go, done brushing before with good results so figured I'd make the buckles finally match the brushed cases on both watches, happy with the results!

buckles_brushed.jpg

And the match...

buckle-brushed_vintage.gif
buckle-brushed_tropic.gif

Soldato
So I am about to purchase 2 Hamilton watches. The guy has a Hamilton Lord Auto Chrono and a Hamilton Khaki Pilot Day Date which I'm buying second hand together for 800 EUR. I don't want to keep them but know that the Lord Chrono should go for about 1250 on chrono24 and the pilot 4-500. I'm happy to sit on them while they sell and could even take 1k and 400 and still be nicely up. Should arrive this weekend.
Okay I'll bite, how are you getting them for so cheap? Either the chap selling doesn't know what he has, and you are doing nothing to correct that (lols, free market, screw morals!1) or he has done better maths than you are once chrono24 has took their cut?

Soldato
He was selling them at 700 and 300.
Okay I'll bite, how are you getting them for so cheap? Either the chap selling doesn't know what he has, and you are doing nothing to correct that (lols, free market, screw morals!1) or he has done better maths than you are once chrono24 has took their cut?

So not far off but I think there is a decent margin on them. He's based in Basel and it was on their buy and sell site on facebook, so can sometimes pick up a good deal there. At 1k CHF (about 900EUR) for the two, it'd still be worth it but less so than then 850CHF (c.800EUR) I'm paying. He thought getting a buyer for the both quickly was more valuable to him than waiting for a buyer for each separately.

Soldato
He was selling them at 700 and 300.

So not far off but I think there is a decent margin on them. He's based in Basel and it was on their buy and sell site on facebook, so can sometimes pick up a good deal there. At 1k CHF (about 900EUR) for the two, it'd still be worth it but less so than then 850CHF (c.800EUR) I'm paying. He thought getting a buyer for the both quickly was more valuable to him than waiting for a buyer for each separately.
Makes sense. What's your mileage with chrono24 like? Are the prices listed what people pay, or do most deals end up going off site via message?

Soldato
I've bought 3 from there and sold 2. When people bought from me, they paid the price listed but I think I was pretty fair with the prices. I haggled slightly on my 3 purchases and paid I think on average 100 less than advertised.

They're here. He popped over tonight and did that old weird socially distanced door step dance. He's obviously a watchy person, he was well aware what they were worth. He asked if I collected, I said I do and tend to have a few in rotation that I'll wear a bit and then pass on. He said he knows it was a good price and that the Lord was going for about 1000 on chrono. That's when I knew he knew watches haha

Anyway, they're here and in very good nick.

aFWf2mG.jpg
Looks like the bezel is marked but just the gloss finish and finger prints. It's actually very good. Very small mark at 12 oclock.

hKE091o.jpg

H3QdPoD.jpg

Man of Honour
Interesting they come in very different boxes to the current range of Hamiltons, both that and current appear to be recycled materials but the one that came with mine looks like pine wood even though it's faux of course.

Back
Top Bottom