What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Here we go :D

ACFC3236-8-F3-D-4-E88-923-A-5-BE0919-AD9-A2.jpg

Soldato
Where’s good to get a valuation for a Rolex?

My wife inherited a watch her dad bought in 1991 which is an Oyster Datejust with diamonds around the bezel. It’s a small watch so assume a ladies model.

It was last serviced in 2008 and has pretty much sat in our safe since 2012.

Condition seems good with original invoice and box etc.

I know it’s tricky but what’s the best kind of place to get a valuation/sell something like this?
We’re debating whether it’s worth selling to put the money towards a deposit on a holiday home rather than it sat in a safe forever.

Some rubbish pics here

online picture uploader

Soldato

My wife inherited a watch her dad bought in 1991 which is an Oyster Datejust with diamonds around the bezel. It’s a small watch so assume a ladies model.

I know it’s tricky but what’s the best kind of place to get a valuation/sell something like this?
We’re debating whether it’s worth selling to put the money towards a deposit on a holiday home rather than it sat in a safe forever.

Some rubbish pics here

online picture uploader

I'd highly recommend contacting Haywood Milton, who is really quite near to you: https://www.miltonaires.com/about/our-watch-team

Soldato

Some rubbish pics here

online picture uploader

Similar watch here https://www.marketcrossjewellers.co...t-dial-16235-after-market-customisation-p7698

American site with similar style dial https://www.estatesconsignments.com...ess-steel-18k-gold-jubilee-serti-diamond-dial

Dealers being dealers, I'd suspect they'd probably offer half of what's shown on those retail prices, possibly less.

Soldato
Cheers. Seems to suggest it’s less than what people had suggested to us (and what I’ve been insuring it for!)

We have some valuation paperwork from ~6yrs ago which seems to suggest £7k but that seems like it might be the new equivalent?

One of those links I posted suggests new is now up to £8600.

Hmm something not quite right here.

IMG-20210619-120146-2.jpg

@mrk will be horrified :eek:

Caporegime
It really threw me for a minute. I was looking at thinking I don't understand what time it is and I just couldn't work it out until I realised where the 12 was.

Its very odd, it still winds and the mechanism looks working through the back. The dial and hands all spins round if I hold the watch at different angles so I assume something has detached that holds it all together.

I've dropped them an email so will see what they say.

Associate
It really threw me for a minute. I was looking at thinking I don't understand what time it is and I just couldn't work it out until I realised where the 12 was.

Its very odd, it still winds and the mechanism looks working through the back. The dial and hands all spins round if I hold the watch at different angles so I assume something has detached that holds it all together.

I've dropped them an email so will see what they say.
Sounds odd that the hands are spinning with the dial also. I think the dial has 2 little pins that lock into the movement.

Back
Top Bottom