What watch do you wear?

Soldato
It arrived today, have to say it's rather good. No issues to note, for the price certainly looks and feels above its class. I stuck some sticky rubber feet on the underside as it's felt and when opening and closing the bottom drawer it would slide about on my worktop.
hows the lock pin look? It being a bit weak seemed to be the main issue I picked up on in reviews.

Made in San Francisco by Rothwell, I assumed it was some Chinese outfit. Maybe it's made in China though...
More than likely Chinese in all aspects (or at the very least everything is left to them) due to no business address anywhere on the website, got this vague memory of it being a US law or something for US companies (it is in the UK). It's nothing new sadly (and a little shady), the amount of 'US' companies I've seen offering design but are really based in India and just have some random US address (a house if lucky) for their US 'operations' is shockingly high...

Don't get me wrong, I've got no issue with Chinese products, bought some great stuff direct from China for pennies and most stuff is made in asia these days, I'd just rather know than have all the smoke and mirrors.

Will say I quite like the 2 watch travel box on their main website, I've got a wolf single watch roll and annoyingly it doesn't close properly over my watches.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Lock pin looks decent to me, no looseness to it. I just tried the key though as didn't even bother with it before. To lock it the key turns anti clockwise, unlock is clockwise. What kind of backwards nonsense is this :D

I won't ever be locking it however as no need so the key stays stashed in the drawer lol.

Edit*

Come across a new micro brand from the UK, Studio Underd0g who have a very cool looking hand winder bicompax. Perfect dimensions too and I really like the Desert Sand and Goofy Panda versions: https://underd0g.com/products/01gpb

The price is great too, I think I will pick one up when they are up for order!

The Desert one is my fav but it will be difficult to match with rubber straps, so Panda it is!

Last edited:
Soldato
Lock pin looks decent to me, no looseness to it. I just tried the key though as didn't even bother with it before. To lock it the key turns anti clockwise, unlock is clockwise. What kind of backwards nonsense is this :D

I won't ever be locking it however as no need so the key stays stashed in the drawer lol.

Edit*

Come across a new micro brand from the UK, Studio Underd0g who have a very cool looking hand winder bicompax. Perfect dimensions too and I really like the Desert Sand and Goofy Panda versions: https://underd0g.com/products/01gpb

The Desert one is my fav but it will be difficult to match with rubber straps, so Panda it is!

My watch winders lock and unlock in the same fashion :p good looking watch box nonetheless.

As for that microbrand watch company who are you and what have you done with mrk? A busy dial and 13.6 mm thick watch :eek: surely those two things go against everything you stand for! :D

Soldato
My watch winders lock and unlock in the same fashion :p good looking watch box nonetheless.

As for that microbrand watch company who are you and what have you done with mrk? A busy dial and 13.6 mm thick watch :eek: surely those two things go against everything you stand for! :D
Lol I thought the same when I clicked.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Scratch that, just watched the JOMW review and it's a non hacking movement which i didn't realise. That's a deal breaker for me and the movement finishing isn't as good as the marketing shots show. I'd feel bad about that mostly though given how nicely finished the Sellite is in the Stowa so flicking over to this would be a bit of a downer. No issues with the dial however still :p

Ah well, a moment of excitement but back to normality...

Soldato

Good to know, just need to decide if I want to go to a 12 watch box or not....suppose you can never have enough space for watches lol

Edit*

Yeah I've seen them in the past, I didn't like the unbalanced bicompax layout but for some reason I did however like the watermelon colour scheme lol
https://underd0g.com/products/01wmb

As to the movement, isn't it the same as found in the seagull 1963 chrono which can be found for around £150 (maybe makes the underdog a little overpriced), so to be fair it shouldn't be as well finished as the stowa which is like 6x the price lol.

Caporegime
I dream of a Rolex Skydweller in 40mm with a slimmer movement and a slightly less fluted bezel. Probably never going to happen though. :(
Screw it, just went to a store and put my name down for a stainless steel Sky Dweller with black dial. Even if I have to wait 1-2 years to get it at rrp it will still be a good investment for what is (imo) a beautiful watch. Prices have rocketed so much for them now on the used market too.

EDIT - I went with the oyster strap as opposed to the jubilee as it looks less bling and is just a bit more discreet.

Soldato

Edit*

I'm a fan of pandas but not this. What were they thinking with the font and font location all over that dial. One thing being a bit unique and as thr model suggests, Goofy, but nope, nope, nope.. Just when I thought it doesn't get much worse than CW branding. It does! :D

Soldato
First cost £80 and the other £500.. I would choose the first every time, because the other looks very plain, plus you want others to notice....

x67EcOy.jpg

3MVJhEN.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I dont get it,, why pay stupid money for a plain looking watch...... I have both,, well my sister has just given me the other watch, but I dont think I'll wear it much.

If I had the money to splash about.. I would buy something like this and this is only £300 or just over
LvUkPhd.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
I wouldn't want someone to notice I'm wearing a £50 watch.

Theirs two types of watches a functional one. And a show off one. If it's showy off then it should be worth at least a few grand minimum. Especially when Connor is walking about with a £3 mill watch.

Back
Top Bottom