What watch do you wear?

Man of Honour
More prettiness:

Np0R7bb.jpg

raeyF3K.jpg

Whilst the likes or Rolex are doing amazing thi.... oh wait :D Seiko have been hard at work on things like this. Saddens me that I don't have even a normal Seiko on the box. Maybe a Pressage or something is necessary to show support?

Man of Honour
They've all got date windows, no good for you.

Actually just saw a post on reddit of one without a date window but instead a date dial which looks much better fitting in terms of aesthetics, the SARW053 which has an enamel dial and looks rather stunning:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Seiko/comments/in82um/sarw053_enjoying_seiko_saturday_with_the_latest/

There appears to be a few versions of this too:

Seems to be Japan only stock though so looking at an import jobby. Still, pure white enamel dial though :cool:

The list of watches on the want list is ever growing lol.

Man of Honour

After watching this it becomes all too apparent how absolutely criminal it is that some of the higher end brands charge 5 digits for watches that come out of a production line. Here we have a father son watchmaker doing everything by hand and bespoking to your desires and all well under £10,000.

Absolutely incredible.

dod

dod

Soldato
More prettiness:

Seiko have been hard at work on things like this. Saddens me that I don't have even a normal Seiko on the box. Maybe a Pressage or something is necessary to show support?

Some of the newer presage are lovely. I sold my cocktail time as it suffered by comparison to the other two I have.

I've also got a hankering for one of the Aritas. Seiko are doing lots of limited editions, some very collectable. The Porco Rosso is very distinctive, has spring drive movement but no use to you with a date window :p Also >£5K but restricted to 500 worldwide.

But I'm still downsizing :rolleyes:

Soldato
Is Watchgecko the best place for replacement straps? I rushed into a Seiko Pressage purchase at the beginning of the year but I haven't worn it in months as I'm not in suits and find the black leather strap too dressy but would like to start wearing it again.

Think I'll go for a metal one, unsure between mesh or not and perhaps a brown leather one. Any thoughts?

Soldato
I've used barton watch bands at mrk's recommendation and since having mine for about 5 weeks I think it is, it has been great! They also sent me a black one by mistake so sent me the correct one without needing to send the black one back. It does come from the US though so if you go with the cheapest delivery it takes about 3 weeks. The replacement took 3 days! :D

All 3 of these below have the 'quick release' slider on the spring bar so they take a few seconds to swap over which is a real bonus.

cp1B8XEh.jpg

4FRCDqAh.jpg

I also bought a much more expensive brown leather one from 'A collected man'. I really like it but i wear my orange silicone one above for work:

SvbJ9Quh.jpg

wwGc8Zvh.jpg

Soldato
As requested. The family, from longest in my possession to newest (L to R). The Casio f91w is still in a draw.
As I said, very cheeky bids on ebay which I didnt expect to win at all somehow paid off.
Now I need a watch winder.

Nice collection.

On the winder front I bought the two watch winder (unavailable now) https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/pag...f8c095992&ref_=ast_bln&productGridPageIndex=2 at the end of last year and certainly what I've noticed is that its considerably louder than the Modola one that i bought years ago. Thankfully though i keep the Aevitas winders in the living room. I wouldn't recommend having it in the bedroom though.

Back
Top Bottom