What watch do you wear?

Associate
Does anyone else not bother setting the correct time or date when they actually put their watch on? When ever I bother to wear my day date it usually needs winding, so I'll wind it up to get it sweeping smoothly but never actually bother setting the right time, date or day lol

Soldato
Does anyone else not bother setting the correct time or date when they actually put their watch on? When ever I bother to wear my day date it usually needs winding, so I'll wind it up to get it sweeping smoothly but never actually bother setting the right time, date or day lol
I don't do it on my Speedmaster as it's a frigging triple date. Takes me ages so never bother unless it's a special occasion lol no idea why I do for those occasions mind.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
My ongoing deliberations on what to buy continue.
How do the Christopher Ward Tridents compare to something like the Tag Aquaracer?
Obviously there is a big price gap, but performance and quality wise?
Seems one use Sellita and the other Eta, although both are on par?
Head says get a Trident, heart says the Tag as it's been a brand I've wanted since I was a kid.
I like them both, but don't want to get to the 'I wish I bought' point.

Soldato
Not an approach I'm familiar with; it's a watch. Maybe you'd be better off with a bracelet?

Why wear a watch if you're not using it for its function - status symbol?

Soldato
I always set the time and date when I wear mine.

Soldato
My new DS First Ceramic on a WatchGecko Cordura dive strap.
KqXRtBE.jpg
Bought for a good price from Hour Passion in Portsmouth. Really pleased with the quality of it, wanted to pick up a robust quartz for a daily driver and stumbled upon this.

Last edited:
Caporegime
My ongoing deliberations on what to buy continue.
How do the Christopher Ward Tridents compare to something like the Tag Aquaracer?
Obviously there is a big price gap, but performance and quality wise?
Seems one use Sellita and the other Eta, although both are on par?
Head says get a Trident, heart says the Tag as it's been a brand I've wanted since I was a kid.
I like them both, but don't want to get to the 'I wish I bought' point.

If you want the Tag and can afford it, get the Tag. The Trident is good but the Tag will be better. Maybe not a grand better but you're paying for the brand.

Associate
Still rocking a Nite Icon here. I seriously could not live without that T100 Lume. Just can't be doing with a watch you can't see or read the time from in the dark.

uGfUQES.jpg

Associate

Blasphemy :o

I would love not to be bothered by it but that's simply not possible lol
Just knowing that I'm wearing my watch and its time/date/moon phase is inaccurate drives me nuts, have to "fix it" asap!

Back
Top Bottom