• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

what would you do?

Soldato
Currently have Inno3D 1060 6GB, which I purchased brand new few months ago (purchase price was in very low 200s)
I also have brand new still sealed Zotac 1070Ti, which I snapped up recently for a price in very low 300s.

Now deciding which one to sell and which one to keep.
I don't game as much as I used to, so 1060 did me well, and I will get more for the more powerful unopened card, but on the other hand I don't plan on upgrading to 2xxx series any time soon, if ever, so 1070Ti would fare better in long run. I should also still get some decent money for this newish 1060.

My monitor is 1440p but I don't mind turning few settings down if needed.

What would you do in my place?

Associate
1060... If you don't game often but still went 1080p 60fps with comprised settings the 1060 should server well for while . worth the 300 odd quid you'd get back in your pocket IMO .... How anyone can't open a new GPU is beyond me though ;)

Soldato
Currently have Inno3D 1060 6GB, which I purchased brand new few months ago (purchase price was in very low 200s)
I also have brand new still sealed Zotac 1070Ti, which I snapped up recently for a price in very low 300s.

Now deciding which one to sell and which one to keep.
I don't game as much as I used to, so 1060 did me well, and I will get more for the more powerful unopened card, but on the other hand I don't plan on upgrading to 2xxx series any time soon, if ever, so 1070Ti would fare better in long run. I should also still get some decent money for this newish 1060.

My monitor is 1440p but I don't mind turning few settings down if needed.

What would you do in my place?

Keep the 1070ti. The money is spent either way so anything you get is a bonus. 1070ti is a far more flexible card.. good for vr incase you decide to dabble excellent for QHD gaming and will last you longer for what gaming you do do. Sure you may get £100 more for the better card if you sell it but £100 is not a huge amount of cash imo

Caporegime
If you think that your interest in gaming may pick up then the 1070Ti might be the better option, otherwise, stick with the already sufficient for requirements 1060.

Only you know whether your interest in gaming is likely to pick up or not. :)

Soldato
Sell the 1070ti, you'll get more for it now & 1060s don't have much room to go down in £. The 1060 will perform admirably at 1440p anyway, it's no big deal, and the 2060 & AMD equivalent aren't going to be here until well into next year (and they'll start higher anyway). Save money for upgrade on 7nm. If you don't game a lot it's really a no brainer.

Soldato
OP
haha, you lot haven't made it any easier.

kind of inclined to unbox and keep 1070Ti...longer warranty etc., and just a bit more futureproof.

Caporegime
Sell the 1070ti, you'll get more for it now & 1060s don't have much room to go down in £. The 1060 will perform admirably at 1440p anyway, it's no big deal, and the 2060 & AMD equivalent aren't going to be here until well into next year (and they'll start higher anyway). Save money for upgrade on 7nm. If you don't game a lot it's really a no brainer.

+1

Back
Top Bottom