What you think of this desk? - Pics included. Move if needed mods.

Permabanned
OP
i know nothing said:
It's got "Made in China" written all over it ;)

:) - Far east like your profile then :p

I think it should be sufficiant, will fo for it I think

WILL HOLD A 21" MONITOR WONT IT? CRT? :p
Thanks for comments so far keep them coming :p

Permabanned
OP
i know nothing said:
I'm with Mark A on the "sturdy desk" idea.

How about you get a nice old desk from a local auction? I bought a desk from one not long ago for £16, it's about 50 years old and solid as hell.

Aaar, erm, its got to look ok aswell, its in a home....

Associate
sjohal2006 said:
Mods remove/move if needed, but would like a few comments.Thanks ;)

Erm, the following desk, it retails for £200, found it on the cheap <£50

Erm, so what you think!

What you think?

i like it, were did you get it from, wouldnt mind one like that.

Permabanned
OP
Anim said:
nice, but i personally cannot stand the slidey out keyboard tray things. They seriously annoy me and get in the way :/

I think I will be able to dissemble the slide out thing so its that desk at the top ..

Soldato
Why do you need this multi tiered affair? get a proper desk they are 10 times better trust me. Tower can go on floor and the rest just goes on the desk, i need a good amount of desk "real estate", i would never ever buy a multi function tower thing as they just dont do the job.

Permabanned
OP
schnipps said:
Why do you need this multi tiered affair? get a proper desk they are 10 times better trust me. Tower can go on floor and the rest just goes on the desk, i need a good amount of desk "real estate", i would never ever buy a multi function tower thing as they just dont do the job.

Like the Ikea Jerker's?

Permabanned
OP
:confused: :p
i know nothing said:
Lol! Mine wouldn't look out of place in an antiques shop! Trust me, most furniture made 50 years ago was built to last, even what was cheap in the day, like Mission furniture for example.

It isn't living in an antiques store :p

Associate
Looks better than a lot i've seen, only big issuse i can fault is are those sliders strong enough to not wobble all over the place and eventauly snap.

Also i take it, its weetabix wood and not solid which also makes me cringe.

I got 2 lovely Pine Ply Wood desks with mahoganey (spelling lol) trim, looks very nice with light hitting it and i got solid sliders (extend out fully) which i could probabley sit on providing its not at full extension.

I would take photo's of it but the amount of junk on here at the moment im afraid you would'nt be able to actualy see the desk :D

Permabanned
OP
WHAT!!! said:
Looks better than a lot i've seen, only big issuse i can fault is are those sliders strong enough to not wobble all over the place and eventauly snap.

Also i take it, its weetabix wood and not solid which also makes me cringe.

I got 2 lovely Pine Ply Wood desks with mahoganey (spelling lol) trim, looks very nice with light hitting it and i got solid sliders (extend out fully) which i could probabley sit on providing its not at full extension.

I would take photo's of it but the amount of junk on here at the moment im afraid you would'nt be able to actualy see the desk :D

Take a pic, we can have a laugh too ! It is in GD dont worry :p

Associate
sjohal2006 said:
Take a pic, we can have a laugh too ! It is in GD dont worry :p

lol i tidy my desk and its lovely to have space but with in 2 weeks things start to pile back on again

I've been meaning to tidy it but just keep putting it off and off as you do :p

The pictures below dont really do it justice as the lighting is pretty bad in it and its tucked into and around furniture lol, it was up stairs but that was was taken down last during last summer due to the stupidly high temperature up there.

In the last picture is one of the two stands i made in college for my 5.1 speakers (rear ones) im damn happy with them.

Back
Top Bottom