What's a good android box these days

Soldato
Hi all.

Hopefully I'm asking in right subforum.

So I bought a qbox 2gig ram 16g storage for about 50 notes last year, 4core at 1.5ghz tho should have been 2ghz.

It wasn't too bad at first but had issues like screen sometimes 1 colour half way down screen then move cursor and it was ok again.

1 usb port stopped working grr.

Then lastly it suffered from a crash which caused corruption because some apps wouldn't work and no add-ons on Kodi would work so had to reinstall stuff but then I figured meh I'll factory reset so I did then stuff like play store wouldn't work and chrome etc.

Then it just totally broke and won't boot anymore so screw it I need a new one.

I'm on a old cs918 at the mo as backup. It will do for a little while but as I factory reset that too play store etc would work either and got 20 system messages, I thought hmm similar issues like other box and wondered if it's the power cord. Switched that and system messages stopped tho still no working play store or chrome but managed to install working ones through dling em .On pc then using usb to move to box to install.

Anyhow so that's where I'm at now.

The qbox from reviews should have say ran that a..8 car game well but it didn't, and didn't run Hearthstone till I used gltools to knock Res to half but still loading was slow and if late game wasn't the best at being responsive.

Also was running at 85% mem alotand when it got to that going into YouTube had trouble loading utube pages quickly and chrome slow when at that mem level too.

So I'm wondering if anyone can recommend me a good quality no knockoffs or clones of a android box that has about 2gig or 3 preferably I suppose of fast ddr3 ram, decent GPU for Hearthstone at 1080p a quality fast CPU quad or better, not a s905x I think qbox had. I think it had mawi450gpu so has to be better than that. 16gig min HDD space but has to be fast storage as Hearthstone took ages loading on whatever qbox 16gig storage was.

Budget I dunno but hopefully between 50-75 notes which I think is fair for medium range 2018 box.

Would like proper company to buy from not something off Amazon where u dunno what u will get.

I hope someone who's In to android boxes can help me choose something as there's too much choice I just can't pick myself and top 10 lists arnt much help either from various sites.

Would be nice if it gets good aftermarket support like new android updates for a few years.

Probably easier to build a micropc lol but don't fancy doing it I just Wana buy somit and plug and play and it works. Plus it probably would need double the budget.

Soldato
OP
It's not like the components are very expensive to make so I'm not sure how my expectations are too high. At least comparing to pc hardware which is a lot more but then again a lot more powerful.

Shield probably would be nice but it's a bit too expensive. And a bit over spec and engineering for my needs.

Soldato
OP
So anyone know of makes that are quality, only one I know is droidbox as they sell some and have a website and I think people like em. So need brand names if u know any that have UK sites and are proper business.

Also what boxes have you got as Ur main android boxes, if u use shield you don't need to say that as i know some use that but I'm on about just android box users and want to know what there using atm or what they might upgrade to next (not shields) lol.

Soldato
Look at one of the Minix's i own the Neo U1 might get that for around £100 which will have everything you want and a good open forum

http://www.minixforum.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGVFdUWnSuc

There's a new Minix UH-9 which has the latest SOC but its not much different from the U1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srF8jBLz-s8

Both reviews

Or you can buy a branded clone at half the price. Same spec. In fact mine is better spec more ram more storage for £50

Soldato
OP
I think I'd like one of them h96 max as they have rk3399 as the antutu score is more than double of my qboxs 33000 score so should run I hope hearthstone .

Bit more pricey at around 80 or 90 maybe thing is dunno about brands and most are from Chinese sellers like gearbest or geek... Thingy store.

There's also a mecool m8s pro L. Which is a little cheaper but got good reviews but still I dunno if there any good really

Associate
Minix is proberly one of the best branded Android box dealers there is if you want a cheap chinese ebay box that won't give you updates and no forum help its up to you. People are happy with the cheap ones me personally prefer something with a good forum and latest updates exc if you get issues the forum is there to help

Back
Top Bottom