What's everyone getting their Mrs for Xmas?

Soldato
That time of year again, plus covid so not keen to go wondering around shops hoping something will jump out at me.

Tempted to go jewellery, from John Lewis etc did that last year worked.

But what is everything else getting?

Pet Northerner
Don
she's already got her big gift, the series x.

I'll probably get her some craft stuff (she makes cards and does lettering) or some fancy ink, then either a little jewelry or clothes

Associate
Absolutely no idea but more than likely it'll be a load of clothes as usual. I swear her wardrobe is straight out of Narnia, no idea how she manages to keep filling it without getting rid of anything!

Soldato
We don't buy each other anymore as if we want something during the year we buy it ourselves, I have previously bought her things she requested as thought it would be better getting her what she'd like (the only surprises I've ever bought her are a bracelet and necklace from Tiffany as I knew I couldn't get them wrong).

Soldato
Mp3 player and bluetooth speaker. Every year we just make a list of things we would both like and get them for each other. It's all a bit practical, but as you get older you end up with all the stuff you want anyway.

Soldato
Some ridiculously expensive makeup (What's the difference between £30 eyeshadow from some boutique website and £5 from Boots? :confused::confused: I guess the same as me trying to explain to her the difference between an RTX3090 and a GT710 :p)

Since she's currently on maternity pay, I'm probably going to have to buy my own as well... 6800xt is looking tempting ;)

Pet Northerner
Don
Ooooo, my Mrs likes to hand make cards, can you recommend anything as I have no idea as i'm not an arty type what so ever? :D

I tend to hit up https://www.craftstash.co.uk/ for the genrally available stamps, dies etc

For harder to get American Brands, I hit up https://www.bumbleberrys.co.uk/pages/brands

Obviously there's a lot of different styles across brands and each card maker has their own style! So it would be best to have a look at what she's made.

If you fancy a big gift - if she's not got one I can suggest a Sizzixs BigShot (my other halfs fav machine!) or a cricut which allows people to cut, draw , foil etc. There's also a foilquill which can allow for hand foiling, which is nice to add small metallic touches to cards.

Soldato
She'll just tell me what she wants, it's like a transaction I buy her what's she wants and she gets me money for Christmas because I always want PC parts and she would prefer me to order it. Then we just get each other a couple of smaller things.

Man of Honour
we don't buy each other anything but prefer to spend our money elsewhere and don't need gifts to show that we love each other

Back
Top Bottom