What's the best game intro you have ever seen(best looking)?

Soldato
What's the best game intro you have ever seen(best looking)? Or video game movies from games.

I can't remember too many good ones atm, too many games.
I always was very impressed by FFX (when I played it 3 years ago).

I always liked movies from Resident Evil 2 and 3.

I think my favourite game intro would be Onimusha 3 (http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=2666&pl=game&type=mov) but Ive got to think more and find a better one.

What's yours?

Pc or console games.

Soldato
The robot with the huge guns on "The Running Man" movie tie-in game on the Amiga.

Used to just watch it over and over.

Actual game was pants though! :)

EDIT: And the intro to Wipeout on the PS1.........used to just run it to impress people when the PS first came out. :D

Soldato
Half-Life 1. I was just in awe during most of the train sequence the first time I played it. With a fairly limited engine they really managed to convey a sense of size and busyness into the massive complex of Black Mesa.

Associate
Well I always tend to get caught up watching intros much to my brothers annoyment as he skips them and then has to wait for me to set up the game servers :)
I also go for ones with decent music usually for example I like the san andreas intro.
But the most watched one over the years would have to be Red Alert.
Sorry that doesn't fit your best looking criteria but for me it's about the whole feel of the thing rather than purely the gfx.
Am trying to think of some reallystunning ones but none come to mind atm.

I do like the Oblivion trailer though that looks cool (halfway down the page)
http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/media_movies.htm

edit: yeah the wipeout intro was great

Caporegime
The best looking would have to be Quake 4, because it’s the newest game I've played. The only times I've gone "Wow that’s cool" was for Mafia and Unreal 2.

Soldato
For me it has to be the Gran Turismo 1 intro with the Manics remix. The graphics blew me away at the time, and I pretty much watched it every time I started the game... :D

For PC gaming, it would still be the G Police intro, loved the storyline and it looked amazing.

Associate
Nothing has really grabbed my attention since the old psygnosis intros on old amiga games. Shadow of the Beast 2, Nitro, Armourgeddon.... Damnit, that's all I can remember at the moment. :eek: :D

Permabanned
some of the cut scenes in one of the final fantasies just exploded my head. Not sure what number though, it had some weird underwater basketball type game in it if that helps lol

We're pretty spoiled these days with all the new tech so its harder to get those jaw dropping moments, the original Unreal intro was another gobsmacker for me.

Soldato
Warhammer - Dawn of War. Still watch it every time.

Final Fantasy Online. Square just really know how to do intros :)

Any of the Mechwarrior intros. You can't go far wrong with big stompy mechs.

Associate
Xenogears blew me away on Playstation in its day. I can't really decide with today's games. They're always done well (even though the game itself might suck!).

Back
Top Bottom