What's the best game intro you have ever seen(best looking)?

Soldato
Personally i thought the F.E.A.R intro was very good set the scene for the game in my eyes, very dramatic and leaves you wondering whats going to happen, very cinematic also. The intro is very fluid no loading sequences for ages, then your put into a interactive briefing which i like, much like Half life 2.

Soldato
LabR@t said:
Half life for originality and effect,

but i do like BF2 intro movie (well the main one , lol)

I totally agree with both statements made here! half-LIfes is a great way to intro you to a game and to be fair they did do it fairly effectively in Half-Life 2 as well!

The BF2 one is absolutely great! Just great action and a fantastic musical score which shows you what the game is all about and gets you pumped up for the game!

OH YEAH neary forgot! The fantastic Red Alert 2 opening intro was just greta, again with a thumping soundtrack class!

Soldato
there was a cut scene in FFIIX I think where they where at the dance on the PS. At the time I thought that was stunning

Man of Honour
Two that easily spring to mind are:

Sonic Adventure: Anyone who was there at the time could not fail to go wow, the game was by far the HUGEST jump in graphics in hinstory, but feel free to correct me! The intro was awesome.

Resident evil code veronica: The explosive barrels! The helicopter! :D

Associate
Deckard said:
Nothing has really grabbed my attention since the old psygnosis intros on old amiga games. Shadow of the Beast 2, Nitro, Armourgeddon.... Damnit, that's all I can remember at the moment. :eek: :D

Those intro's used to scare me when i was younger, Especially the soundtrack :( .

I got over it eventually :p

Associate
another gran turismo 1 here...the manics one....

also colin mcrae 5, not really the intro but just the background music that goes with it and thei n game menus..:)

Associate
Remember 11 years ago???? Remember when Bullfrog released a game called "Magic Carpet".

Now that had one of the best looking and best sounding introduction and has stuck in my mind to this present day. It was the best one for its time in 1995.

Back
Top Bottom