What's the best game intro you have ever seen(best looking)?

Soldato
I got Magic Carpet free with my first PC.
I could never figure out what to do exactly :p I wandered around for a while trying to figure out, and then gave up.
But i do remember thinking that it had really good graphics.

And to keep in line with the thread, Dawn of War, and Age of Empires :) Love the AoE intro's. Amazing music too, fit the scene perfectly.
The intro for UT 2004 is pretty nice too.

Associate
As everyone's already said, HL1 and 2 both have great intro's. HL1 is probably the better of the two imo.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned MAFIA yet though. I love the intro to that game, just sets the scene and draws you into the world beautifully, right from the panoramic shots accross the sea and into the city until you sit down for coffee...

Associate
Cyberia back in the day when CD rom drives cost a small fortune, it was essentially a pre-rendered game in the gameplay style of resident evil, but some awesome rebel assault style scripted flight/tank/gun combat levels.

Other than that it has to be the wing commander series, WC3 was ground breaking, WC4 was ok, but WC5 with the new enemy (name escapes me) was truly awesome.

Soldato
DaveyD said:
Thinking about it... Full Throttle had a great intro, especially with the music :D

That was bleeding fantastic where he smashes the Rolls Royce thing on the bonnet by hunddling over the limo. :D

Edit: I think I may have invented a new word there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom