What's the best game intro you have ever seen(best looking)?

Soldato
William said:
... But my favourite by far is Dune2. :)

Same here mate, my cousin used to make me jealous back in the day because he had a Roland MT32 plugged into his PC which made the music sound like real music.

Oh and Wing Commander 2. The bit at the start where the orchestra are tuning up was amazing at the time...then the speech!!!

Last edited:
Associate
well as said above it has to be HL1 just amazing.
But also HL2 does'nt do to bad on SLI'd GTX's :)

but i would also say some of the cut seens in the FF series mainly 7, 8 and 10

and also rez for the PS2 that just blew me away the hole game is like one big intro.

XD-3

Soldato
Bobbler said:
Same here mate, my cousin used to make me jealous back in the day because he had a Roland MT32 plugged into his PC which made the music sound like real music.

Oh and Wing Commander 2. The bit at the start where the orchestra are tuning up was amazing at the time...then the speech!!!

Heheheh I had a SB Pro it cost about £150 or somthing stupid. I remember I could never get past the 3rd or so level of Dune2 because I had a dodgy copy with no manual so I could not answer the questions the Mentat asked me so I always get exposed as a spy. :(

What is this vehicle?

..... heavy.

WRONG YOU GO BACK TO DOS!

:D

Associate
The First Grand Prix game of the Grand Prix series, had the 'proper' (fleetwood mac) music (if only a midi) , like on the tv - graphics weren't quite that realistic - but it set the atmosphere for the game perfectly

Soldato
any game made by bullfrog had an amazing intro... as people have said dawn of war has a great intro .... bf2 and special forces have pimpin intro's... warcrafts intro is cool, if only infernals were anywhere near as cool or usefull as they look :D

Associate
Dawn of war intro movie is best ever, but also final fantasy x 2 has some of the best movies i have ever seen in them, absolutely stunning and i cant wait for those movie graphics to be in game graphics :D

Soldato
grahamjenks said:
The First Grand Prix game of the Grand Prix series, had the 'proper' (fleetwood mac) music (if only a midi) , like on the tv - graphics weren't quite that realistic - but it set the atmosphere for the game perfectly
Yeah 'The Chain - by Fleetwood Mac'... that was cool, and what a game (in it's day)

My favorite game music ever has to be for Paradroid on the C64.

More recently though I thought the intro to F.E.A.R was failry cool and for upcoming games I love this from Alan Wake

DJammyRasta said:
any game made by bullfrog had an amazing intro... as people have said dawn of war has a great intro .... bf2 and special forces have pimpin intro's... warcrafts intro is cool, if only infernals were anywhere near as cool or usefull as they look :D

Didn't Bullfrog make Populous the Beginning? Now that was a seriously underated and addictive little game on the PC (console version was pants!) and had a very nice intro as I recall :)

Last edited:
Associate
Deckard said:
Nothing has really grabbed my attention since the old psygnosis intros on old amiga games. Shadow of the Beast 2, Nitro, Armourgeddon.... Damnit, that's all I can remember at the moment. :eek: :D

shadow of the beast RULES!!! only on the Amiga though, all the other versions were rubbish.

another psygnosis game was Agony. It was an incredibly hard shoot-em up where you played an owl, fantastic animation for its time!!

There wasnt much of an intro really, but the music was FANTASTIC throughout the game, i can still remeber some of the tunes!!

One of the best intros that impressed me the most was CANNON FODDER on the Amiga, it had singing and EVERYTHING!!! - not bad for 1993 for a computer with 1 meg of RAM hehe.

Half-life was cool too!

Back
Top Bottom