Whats the best laptop/tablet/2-in-1 i can get?

Associate
I was intrested in the Lenovo Thinkpad T430 for its build quality but i would like a brand new one, so thats out of the question.

I am looking for a pre build laptop or tablet or a 2 in 1. I am looking for a cost of between £300-600 and it will be mostly for internet browsing, Spotify (so it needs a decent speaker but nothing to wild) also may need it for very light gaming like portal 1 and 2 but nothing major.

But the biggest kicker would be reading comics but i asume it would be better to get a tablet or 2 in 1 laptop thing with touch sceen. But i asume the build wont be as good as a normal laptop like the Thinkpad?

Also heard that the Thinkpad has a bad screen so thats important to me as well.

What would you guys and gals suggest?

Kind regards

Associate
OP
Can anyone help please, do i need to increase my budget?

I was thinking of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 10.5 Inch 64GB Tablet and have a sd card to increase my data storage for the comixology. But i cant play the games i like, no real issue.

The down side to a tablet is it does not last as long as a laptop.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Associate
it kinda depends on the OS you use, galaxy is android, but is portal even on that? getting a windows tablet for that price won't be easy but then I've only looked at stuff with thunderbolt 3 and that's all over 1k.

you should find an android around 300 no problem, even a second hand one will be good...

Associate
OP
it kinda depends on the OS you use, galaxy is android, but is portal even on that? getting a windows tablet for that price won't be easy but then I've only looked at stuff with thunderbolt 3 and that's all over 1k.

you should find an android around 300 no problem, even a second hand one will be good...

I heard that the apple ipad pro has a better life span of 5 to 6 years or more on reddit.

I had a android tap 4 from 2014 that the charging got bent after a couple of year. I bought it in 2016 second hand mind.

Associate
well these are vastly different eco systems... gaming on an ipad... can you get portal?... gaming on android? maybe.... a windows environment will most likely have what you want but you'll be hard pressed... you'll have to look around

Soldato
You can get a surface pro for around £600 if you shop around.

If you don't mind second hand get a Dell latitude 5290 off auction site for about £350-£450, its fast processor, great screen, battery life is ok at best. Its like a surface pro 6 but dells version, i have the Dell 5285 and its been brilliant, little heavier than my surface pro but much sturdier build quality and better kick stand. Make sure you get the 8GB ram version with 8250/8350 cpu. Be patient they pop up very now and then for good price or don't be afraid to make offers.

Last edited:
Associate
If you can stretch your budget a little there are HP ZBook X2 2-in-1 laptops available on eBay for about $800 USD now. Most will come with HP's next day on-site business warranty.

Back
Top Bottom