What's the oldest component in your rig?

Associate
Tbird 1Ghz system built around 6 years ago. Overclocked to 1463Mhz, the whole PC with the execption of the memory and the addition of 400Gb of disk storage is as it was when built. It has been running 24/7 for the last 3 years. Same TIM and same pencil mod to unlock multi.

I had a pinnacle TV card in use through various systems for around 9 years until I got a DVB-T tuner. And a floppy I replaced two weeks ago was in use through several PC's for just over 10 years

Oldest kit still in my main PC is an Audigy 2 Plat-Ex around 2 years old. Apparently the electrons that make it work are around 13.5 billion years old :eek:

Soldato
3: My hitachi dekstar 7200 2mb cahe 164.8 gb ide100.
4: My wd caviar 8mb cache 250 gb ide100 7200.
5 :My asus dvdrw 1604p.
2 : My maxtor 40 gig
1: My monitor (bought same model that died on me bout 2 or 3 weeks ago)
dell p790: from november 1999.

Associate
an old adaptec scsi card for my scanner "epson gt7000" i believe.

it's _real_ fun trying to find drivers for xp and the card.

i've also got a real old winfast tv card that my mate found in a machine he was chucking out from work... thats so old it used to crash vista (although, now doesn't) ... i use it for importing from an old camcorder and it works fine (mostly).

Soldato
HangTime said:
Just wondering what the oldest component you have in your main system is? Needs to be a proper item i.e. not a fan, IDE cable or something silly like that. Also an actual part of the base unit rather than that grotty ps2 keyboard you've had since school, complete with 16 packets of crisps and half a head of hair embedded in it....

For me, it's my memory - 2*512 Twinmos PC3200 purchased from OcUK 3 years ago.

You?

...actually on reflection it's my floppy drive I've had for years, but that's too boring :p

CD-RW that came with an IBM Netvista 1.5GHZ - soon to be replace by a Plextor PX-975A :D

Soldato
AverTV TV card, DVD and DVD+RW drive. Over 2 years old.

Still going strong from an old Advent T9100. Although the TV card is lacking digital facilities so will prolly go soon.

Back
Top Bottom