What's the worst thing you did because of a game?

Associate
Wasted my GCSE's and College course by playing Ultima Online every waking hour.

Also destroyed a few mice and put a big hole in my computer desk thanks to Unreal Tournament 2003,

Thrown a cup full of boiling hot coffee across the room into the door once, I felt like an idiot afterwards after I stopped sobbing because of my badly scolded hand and wrist. I never did that again :o

Associate
The only thing i think i've ever done is start playing a game around 11pm and then look at the window and see it's getting light and notice it's 6am the next morning :D and then going to school/uni/work at 7/8/9

I've done that more than a few times, When the sims first came out, Dune 2, TA, Half-Life, when i first played online and found the wonder that was TFC, most recently was Dawn of war the other day.

Permabanned
Championship Manager 3 ruined my GCSE's.

CS ruined my A-Levels and my 1st year of uni (I scraped a 3rd).

Ah well luckily it's only counted on final year, just need to shake this Rome Total War addiction now :eek:

Soldato
Missed a Uni assessment deadline because i was playing Sensible Soccer on the uni machines :D

Finished my courses for the day at around 4pm and then went onto the computers to get my assesment done. 11pm and yet i was still there but hadn't even started my assessment :eek:

Oh well still passed :D Lucky i did so well in the other assessments and the exam for that course

Associate
spent my entire study leave annhilating americans on total annihilation :) 10pm the night before my maths GCSE, I thought I had better look at a book or something. Still managed a B so not too bothered :) :D

Soldato
Wow makes me feel lucky I can't stand to play a game for more than a few hours at a time. The only game that I can play obsessively is final fantasy. But at least everything gets back to normal after I've completed it (until the next one anyway).

Soldato
Originally posted by wyrdo
Got divorced for playing too much Everquest? :(

Hehe I lost a relationship through playing EverQuest, she gave me an ultimatum, too cut a story short I'm still playing EverQuest & that was over 3 years ago.... ;)

The worse thing I've done is skip work & make out I'm sick just so I can play on new games or play EQ etc. :eek:

Regards,

Suspended
Got broadband and SWG on the same day, skipped work and was fired when i went in the next day!! But then i never really liked the job but the missus wasnt impressed. Thank god ive grown up a bit now :D

Back
Top Bottom