What's the worst thing you did because of a game?

Soldato
Originally posted by Anomaly
snap.... apart from it was college and i failed the course..... that was a 2 year course waisted.... oh well :D

Failed first year, did not go back! Like I sai I wasn't used to working away from "work/school" as I'd winged my way through college working on site during the day so I just went home and after lectures and did jack all

Last edited:
Soldato
Some of you people chose a computer game over a girlfriend/wife?

jesus christ. I have a gambling addiction, but i still try to avoid it when im with my girlfriend.

you people are going to end up old and lonely

Associate
i emptied an entire magazine into a counter terrorist once on CS. at least i thought it was on CS.

the police told me that i wasnt playing a computer game and that i had killed one of their finest officers...

HOWS THAT FOR COMPUTER GAME SUGGESTIVE VIOLENCE RUBBING OFF ON THE YOUTH OF TODAY!?! YOU ASSWIPE POLITICIANS HAVE BEEN ITCHING FOR AN EXCUSE TO BAN 'EM OUTRIGHT, AND ONE OF THESE DAYS YOU MAY JUST!

.....ooooh, controversial

Associate
Originally posted by VelvetAcid
The only thing i think i've ever done is start playing a game around 11pm and then look at the window and see it's getting light and notice it's 6am the next morning :D and then going to school/uni/work at 7/8/9

I've done that more than a few times, When the sims first came out, Dune 2, TA, Half-Life, when i first played online and found the wonder that was TFC, most recently was Dawn of war the other day.

The thing is, u notice its 6am and the sun is just rising, but u think u can squeeze another hour in before its FULLY bright. And that keeps going until u notice ** eyes closing, ** hands shaking, and the red blurryness filling your peripheral vision

And to all the ppl who left stuff cooking in an oven or microwave or something of the sort. Dont u use a timer.

Well for me, sometimes the timer doesnt get me going. It becomes rather annoying after 5 minutes, so after 10 i go turn it off, that doesnt mean i take the food out :eek: :confused:

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Dean3d
i've urinated in a pot noodle pot before:cool:

Probably improved the flavour tbh.

Can't say I've done anything excessively bad, although playing so much Quakeworld at uni instead of studying certainly didn't help my degree. I went from a straight A student at school to getting a 3rd at uni.

My Quake habit has also cost me I dunno, upwards of £3000 in phonebill/isp charges.

I've stayed awake over 50 hours when attending QW lans, didn't do my body much good.

For some reason I never get any more violent than stamping my feet and swearing when playing games though.

Associate
Originally posted by Rob200sx
Left me dinner cooking ina saucepan

went to play EQ

saucepan caught fire

me goes to put it out, clean up saucepan and start new dinner

me then goes back to EQ

saucepan catches fire again :rolleyes:

Too many times!! :D

Messed up GCSE's and AS-Levels Due to Everquest too.
Luckily managed to keep myself off for a month or so while i did my A-Levels, helped a little bit but im still playing it now :p

Soldato
Punched keyboard - Half the keys didn't work :/
Made a dent into the TV screen because I threw a SNES gamepad at it because I'd lost for the 85th time at Mario :)

Went to bed at 5 am on a school night, the first day of school after summer holidays as well, because I had spent the entire summer playing CS... I woke up for school at 11am. Great first impression for my new teachers.

Before then (I was 12 back then), I usually went to bed at about 9pm... since then I usually don't sleep until 1 am.

Soldato
What about when you're thinking about games and that influences what you do in RL?

I've been walking through that park a couple of times and I find myself looking round and thinking, 'Wow, nice graphics and anti-aliasing on those trees...'
:o :rolleyes:

Soldato
Originally posted by Inquisitor
What about when you're thinking about games and that influences what you do in RL?

I've been walking through that park a couple of times and I find myself looking round and thinking, 'Wow, nice graphics and anti-aliasing on those trees...'

Worst I ever did was wonder if I could make a decent map of my block for UT or Raven Shield :)

Associate
If u play Americas Army, and join a clan, then u start using all the military terms so often u might be finding urself saying them in RL

Like...

"Fancy going clubbing now?" (drunken voice by friend)

I found myself saying...

"Roger!" (EEEK!!!!)

I used the word so many damn times on Teamspeak GRRR, but ive willed myself to say normal words now instead :p

Soldato
Originally posted by Inquisitor

Christ I thought it was only me. I often stylize the real world. I have done ever since we were told to do so in art :eek:

Just the other day we were driving along and I thought how good the lighting looked!

Back
Top Bottom