Whats your most satisfying movie moment(s)?

Soldato
Its my favourite movie by a mile (Jaws), but the scene on the Orca that starts with their first encounter (after Brody chumming) to Quint sticking his first barrel into the shark.

The tension, the musical score, its epic.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
When they are stuck in the genesis cave and Kirk ask Spock if he's ready.

I love that scene.

"Kirk to Spock. It's two hours. Are you ready?"
"Right on schedule, Admiral. Just give us your co-ordinates and we'll beam you aboard."
"All right. I don't like to lose. *CHOMP*"

Another favourite is in Undiscovered Country, when they've modified the torpedo to home in on Chang's 'fire-while-cloaked' Bird of Prey. Watching it loop through space, cutting to Chang's reaction "To be...or not...to be"), and then the hit. Followed by Excelsior and Enterprise unloading on the crippled Bird of Prey and blowing it to Narnia and back.

Associate
I don't know how you post that scene without mentioning the soundtrack. Those church organs are immense. :D
Yep. The whole soundtrack in the film is something else. Works so well.

My choice would be when his daughter finally sends him a message.....
Strangely enough this film brings out so many emotions in me, leaves me a blubbering wreck in many places.

Permabanned
God on a bike, you tube clips, why do people needlessly clutter the thread ?

When the psycho wiseguy Joe Pesci gets it in the head in Goodfellas and De Niro's cry baby reaction.

When Alec Guinness realises it's his duty to blow up the bridge at the end of The Bridge On The River Kwai

In The Heat Of The Night, when the penny drops and Rod Steiger realises that the murder suspect he has in custody is a senior detective.

Caporegime
Heat - That ending when Pacino holds De Niro's hand and 'God moving over the face of water" by Moby kicks in.

LOTR: Two Towers - Gandalf appears at the battle of Helms Deep when the battle looks lost.

Dark Knight - The bat-cycle sequence culminating in the lorry being flipped on it's back and the bat-pod driving up the wall to turn around. People blasted in to spontaneous applause in the BFI IMAX when that happened.

Thor Ragnarok: "I'm the god of death, what were you the god of again?" - Cue Immigrant Song kicking in and Thor using lightning/electricity to devastate the undead army.

Soldato
Inglourious ******** - One of the first scenes with Cristoph Waltz and the farmer. So tense.

Apocalypse now - So many possibilities, ride of the valkyries, charlie don't surf etc. But for me it's Kurtz's monologue towards the end, an errand boy sent by a grocery clerk indeed.

Back
Top Bottom