What's your MPG like on Short Joruneys?

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;16537291 said:
No wonder the average Bentley owner politely requests the YTS guy doesnt work on his car ;)

Not sure I'd say "average" owner? I've never, ever been barred from working on a Customer's car - This spans from famous Footballers to several of the royal fleet of Rolls Royce/Bentleys, and all the fussy millionaires in-between :).

I'll admit it - The Rich/Lean thing was a balls up on my end (I still need to learn to trust my initial instincts!) but I'm young and I'm an apprentice, I'm allowed to make mistakes! As long as they are caught before any real damage is done then it is alright :p

Soldato
I've managed to squeeze mine up to 28mpg (trip) average, about 6-7 miles of slow but generally flowing traffic. This is driving like a complete grandad and keeping as much momentum as I can.

Soldato
For the last month or so, I've only used my Jeep for back and for to work. Its about 3 miles (nearly all downhill on the way so can pretty much coast after dropping the nipper off at school) use much more on the way home obviously.

The display says its averaging 15.4mpg. Reading what folk are getting from their RX8s I'm not sure I feel too bad about a 4.0L 4X4.

Soldato
The 1.25 fiesta mpg's make me chuckle I average 36 mpg on about 180 miles of 70 mph and the rest in town so how the hell you lot get the same on sub 5 mile 30 mph stop start journeys is beyond me

Soldato
25 MPG now ( that my thermostat has been fixed ) in town if driving like a granps, nearly double that on the motorway ( 43 mpg).

Only when driving very carefully though, one enthusiastic journey with a couple of sprints and it's a lot worse.
20 ish mpg to work ( 3 miles).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom