What's your VR+PC room set up?

Soldato
Im house hunting at the moment and trying to incorporate the space for a PC + VR area.

In my current house my PC is on a 1m desk in the corner of my living room. I use the area in the middle of the sofa's for VR (standalone or wireless using Quest, or sat at the desk wired). Desk space is limited so when Im not using the driving wheel it has to be disconnected and moved. If I buy a HOTAS the same would apply. The PC itself has to be on the floor under the desk rather than shown in full glory on the desk.

If I dedicated a room to the PC and wanted to use VR then it would have to be at least a 3m x 3m room (ideally 4m x 4m) with a 2-3m desk along one edge and then empty space in the rest of the room for VR. Then I could have the PC up on the desk and the driving wheel and HOTAS permanently set up. Thats quite a big ask. Id much prefer it downstairs but for that size its likely to be a repurposed bedroom and then would be upstairs which isnt ideal.

How do you all set up your PC + VR areas? Photos would be great for inspiration. What is the size of your area?

Soldato
My PC VR setup is in my Attic, and really has only room for standing experiences only. (1.5m square max), mainly due to the sloping ceiling, which has lots of dents and scrapes now. You can still get an incredible experience with that though.

I normally use my Quest in my Living room, which has around 2x3m space. But the Quest I can at least take outside the home and I've used it in huge areas which takes VR to a whole different level.

Soldato
I pre-ordered my Vive way back in 2016 so took it as an opportunity to decorate my spare room/PC office in prep (including the flooring!). Off the top of my head the open space is ~2 x 3 m and it's not wide enough really as the safety grid keeps triggering plus the odd wall incident. Down lighters was a good move too as the middle light would not have survived!

Oh the rug you can just see in the bottom of the corner gets dragged to the centre for a session and that helps to keep your oriented via your feet.

5oEKwN4.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice I like the holodeck wall!

Its very difficult to find normal houses with sufficient room to make a proper playspace. 3m x 3m open area is very hard to come by in any house i can afford.
I'm so tempted to do this, computer room i have now is a 2 x 3.5m room or the spare bedroom which has a double bed in it at moment which is a 4x4 room. Whats the purpose of the holodeck wall??

Back
Top Bottom