Whatsapp group chat - SJW's strike again

Soldato
Most "lads" I know have a group chat in which they taunt, jest and make private non-pc comments constantly...
The comments this guy reported are tame compared to what I've seen personally. What world have we become in which whatsapp group chats that don't target individuals but rather poke satirical jabs at the politically correct nature of society end up in students being expelled from University.

If you don't like a group chat, then leave..
Free-speech is truly dead in the UK.

Capture.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-43987148#

100498327_10landscape.jpg

100500962_11landscape.jpg

Soldato
I went to the university in question and knew a couple of people who had racist views- well educated people who ought to have known better. However, they did a good job of hiding it (for the most part). There will be many more like them out there, unfortunately, and some will undoubtedly come to occupy positions of authority.

There's always banter, but racism definitely still exists, it's just often well hidden. In some ways this is more worrying, as you don't know where it's lying.

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Remember kids, the state will reward you for informing on your friends and family...

Hmmmmm.........

Caporegime
Threads like this just need to be deleted tbh. Completely pointless and serve nothing other than to further the crap agendas of these idiots, even if unintentional.

Soldato
Threads like this just need to be deleted tbh. Completely pointless and serve nothing other than to further the crap agendas of these idiots, even if unintentional.
We need a SJW sub forum. GD would be so much nicer then. It's literally the same people posting the same 'look what this SJW has done', then it's the same people coming in to say the same things.

I've had WhatsApp trails that are non-PC. Surely what we say in private in our own time should have nothing to do with our workplace, our university or the establishment.

What's next? Shall we ban the Carry-On actors from producing new work because they made non-PC films?

Caporegime
If "every group was targeted" then it was clearly just edgy banter - the same type of banter I imagine you'd find in most group chats from people of all races. To get them kicked out of university and potentially ruin their lives over it is just pathetic.

Caporegime
pretty dubious - context is important, they're saying these things in the context of a private conversation and don't necessarily mean the things they say literally but are making jokes etc..

then the university treats it at face value and they get expelled??? That is pretty unfair

I'm in a WhatsApp group with people from different backgrounds, a black guy in the group frequently drops the "n" word and a certain meme featuring a black guy with a big ****, he frequently has quite nice looking girlfriends and another person in the group has an ongoing joke about him "stealing our white women" etc..

there is also a jewish guy, lots of Borat references are appropriated, a certain very dodgy meme featuring a "merchant" is used, by the jewish guy, with a healthy dose of irony

if someone were to grab a snippet of this private group and take it out of context it could be made to look horrific, it isn't though, it is a group of close friends sharing a bit of dark humour

We need a SJW sub forum. GD would be so much nicer then. It's literally the same people posting the same 'look what this SJW has done', then it's the same people coming in to say the same things.

yet here you are, both reading the thread and commenting on it...

GD is for general discussion of anything (within reason) - you don't need a sub forum for threads you don't like, just don't read the threads or if you click on one by mistake the. press the back button

Caporegime
Very much at the point of don' s anything in writing that you could be used against you.
Problem is you don't know what willing be un-pc tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom