Whatsapp group chat - SJW's strike again

Soldato
I have never heard the phrase chimping out before but is instantly evocative, I'm immediately thinking of chimps banging hands on floor, making squawky noise and chucking stuff around. I am so going to use that describe tiny tantrums at home now.

edit: maybe not then, a quick google seems to suggest it is used entirely a racial slur.

Racial slur to who though.... Every black person known to man. Or just those you shout the loudest on Twitter?

As a black person. I just dont give a damn.

Caporegime
I have never heard the phrase chimping out before but is instantly evocative, I'm immediately thinking of chimps banging hands on floor, making squawky noise and chucking stuff around. I am so going to use that describe tiny tantrums at home now.

edit: maybe not then, a quick google seems to suggest it is used entirely a racial slur.

Precisely the point. You immediately went where I went...full blown tantrum. Yet nope, it's racist because it's using someone's physical attributes in a negative way.

It's ok to do that with white people though.

Racial slur to who though.... Every black person known to man. Or just those you shout the loudest on Twitter?

As a black person. I just dont give a damn.

The trouble is it only takes one voice to get you arrested and prosecuted. So you might not be offended because you're not a complete wally but someone (who is probably whiter than me) will be!

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
The problem is for me, I think the word is really evocative of one thing and could use it in that context. But because there is already an existing negative context I would get judged for using that word irrespective of my intent. And that is just a pain the in bum I can live without. I dislike that intensely but I'm in no mood to fight the World over it, I simply lack the enthusiasm to fight the good fight sometimes.

Soldato
The trouble is it only takes one voice to get you arrested and prosecuted. So you might not be offended because you're not a complete wally but someone (who is probably whiter than me) will be!

I'm all for people being called out for wrong doing. But these days people have become so petty. Complaining over (what I would consider) to be minor..... Looking for the smallest things to be offended by.

Take the Simpsons for instance.... A show that has been running for circa 30 years. And only now a small group of people have decided to moan about Apu!

And then there's this

Meanwhile there are some real issues going on. Issues that I feel should receive way more attention. It's ridiculous.

Caporegime
She lets the cat out of the bag when he uses the example of why people from other cultures using aeroplanes and not appreciating who invented them isn't cultural appropriation, her response is "nobody is offended by that". There's basically a bunch of mentally ill people walking around looking for every opportunity to take the moral high ground and accuse others (generally non-minorities - ie. the white majorities of western nations) of things because they've been conditioned to do it by a creeping political correctness.

As for the OP whether those people are actually racist or not it's pretty stupid to make such comments/jokes online this day and age, we seem to be living in times not much different to Nazi Germany and Soviet Union where people were conditioned to spy on one another and report anyone who steps out of line.

Soldato
Is describing someone as being red with embarrassment also ‘derogatory’ in your eyes?

Well calling a white person a 'red neck' in relation to what happens to light skinned people (and particularly the area on their necks between their shirts and hair) when exposed to too much sun is a racial slur....

So I really don't see how you can argue that 'gammom' is not a racial slur by similiar measure.

The origins of 'red neck' and 'gammon' both refer to what can happen to the appearance of lighter skin tones in certain conditions as opposed to how thoose people would look otherwise.

As for saying someone was 'red with embarrassment' well it could cerianly could take on a racial dimension... .

Some groups of people are particularly prone to having their faces flush and if someone started to make a thing about this to single that group out, like with the gammon thing, then yes absolutely it could be racist..

Its not as though there are not racial slurs for other ethnicities that can have additional, circumstantial, qualifiers.... Like referring to a bald or shaven headed black person as a '8 ball' for the rough resemblance their heads have to the same number black pool ball.

Frankly its predictably depressing that it has to be pointed out to some that 'gammon' like 'red neck', and eight ball are racial slurs

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't know why she is even bothering to explain herself. Tell them they are a bunch of ***** and quit social media, become untouchable by the trolls. The end.

Associate
Never heard of describing someone as gammon till today.
As a white male I find it hilarious and apt description for someone getting excessively angry over something, race never even crosses my mind. This argument also led me to this image that has like wise given me a good chuckle. ..

Edit: b'ah can't get link to work on phone, will try get it later
QE3B6H[\IMG]

Caporegime

the argument kind of relies on redefining racism in terms of the new "privilege" hierarchy:

"No "gammon" is not a racial slur. Nobody has ever been abused in the street, denied service or threatened with deportation because they're an angry old white man with cheeks like two slices of Wiltshire."

fact is it is a term based on their skin colour and a comparison with something they look like it isn't much different in that sense to comparing black people with various primates and we all know what sort of a **** storm that creates

being denied service or threatened with deportation as per the argument that twitter user has put forth in the argument you link to has nothing to do with it - unless you're of the line of thinking that say people can't be racist towards white people because: "privilege", "positions of power", "dominant culture" blah blah blah...

Soldato
Is it me or does the "SJW" saying seem moronic.

S means social as in communicate.

J is to be judgemental on ones actions.

W is to be a warrior and fight on a keyboard.

Its all stupid.

Caporegime
Is it me or does the "SJW" saying seem moronic.

S means social as in communicate.

J is to be judgemental on ones actions.

W is to be a warrior and fight on a keyboard.

Its all stupid.

no, you got the "J" wrong, it is supposed to be "social justice warrior" as in they're "fighting" for "social justice" (supposedly)

plenty of people self identify as SJWs - doesn't matter too much whether it is moronic (perhaps it is a bit) but if they self identify using a handy three letter acronym then it is easy to refer to them

Soldato
no, you got the "J" wrong, it is supposed to be "social justice warrior" as in they're "fighting" for "social justice" (supposedly)

plenty of people self identify as SJWs - doesn't matter too much whether it is moronic (perhaps it is a bit) but if they self identify using a handy three letter acronym then it is easy to refer to them

Here's the wiki entry on it. I thought it was just a term that was meant to mock the tumbler people but originally it was positive term.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_justice_warrior

Back
Top Bottom