Whatsapp Issue With One Contact

Soldato
In the last day or so I can no longer hear any sound from one contact (my dad) and he can no longer hear anything from me. This happens only in whatsapp voice and video call. From both handsets we can make calls to other people without issue but between the two of us, as i say there is no sound.

Things we have tried;

Rebooting handset
Clearing cache and data
reinstalled the whatsapp application
toggled all permissions for the application and restarted app

Any ideas? Google doesn't seem to have anything beyond solving generic microphone issues. The only thing that has happened since we last spoke (Sunday 20th Sept) is that he has updated the OS on his Iphone. I am on android and know nothing of IOS so I'm struggling to suggest what if anything he can check (beyond the above)

Soldato
OP
Can he still hear other contacts via WhatsApp? iOS 14 has new permission settings so he needs to go into the settings to ensure everything is on.

Yeah he can call other people with video or voice just fine, its just me. Similarly I can also call other people with voice and video fine as well.

Soldato
OP
Just to close this out he discovered that there actually was an updated version on the app store, one installed it all worked again. Stupid iPhone ;)

Back
Top Bottom