WhatsApp messages after Factory reset.

Associate
Help. I'm in a state. My husband went missing and in a state of panic in 'find my phone' I erased his phone instead of setting up an alert.
He is now been found and luckily recovery in hospital.
Until he is awake I can not sort his phone but wondered if he will still get his emails, txt messages and WhatsApp messages while the phone has been factory reset so to speak. For example, when he logs back in to WhatsApp will all messages appear or just the ones from before I hit the erase button?
Hope that makes sense.

Associate
If he has setup backup on a regular schedule, he should be able to recover most of his messages. All messages from the last time he backed up.

When he sits up his WhatsApp for the first time, it should prompt you to recover messages from a backup

Soldato
They should all still appear as they will be sitting in the email, txt or WhatsApp servers so waiting for you to install the relavant app to receive them.

As said, WhatsApp messages before you hit the erase button will depend on whether he's backed them up previously.

You should receive a lot of messages when you get the phone properly back up and running.

Soldato
If you sent the erase it's now a blank phone.. Everything will be gone, better hope he set it to backup to icloud or recently plugged it into his desktop / laptop,

Whatsapp do not store you data on their servers, so that's gone without a backup, email should be ok and will likley appear once the email is set up again..

Associate
OP
Thank you. Yes he does back up to icloud and all his contacts calendar and email are there. Thankfully.
So the WhatsApp messages sent since his last back up won't get through? Hopefully people will see that and send txt messages instead. Great advice thanks

Soldato
Thank you. Yes he does back up to icloud and all his contacts calendar and email are there. Thankfully.
So the WhatsApp messages sent since his last back up won't get through? Hopefully people will see that and send txt messages instead. Great advice thanks

The WhatsApp messages should still get through I'm pretty sure, there may be a time limit on them.

Once you install WhatsApp app and set it up you should receive the unread or unreceived messages.

Soldato
I think the default setting for backups on WhatsApp is weekly so there should be a reasonably recent back up once you download and resetup the application.

Back
Top Bottom