When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
I think it might be my next ev after the e-tron. The CEO seems to have his head screwed on.

I'll be expecting lots of photos and a mini review when you get it :p
I was looking at the e-Tron and the Merc EQC but they were too expensive and didn’t seem to compete with the PS2.

I’ve need to wait until early January for it to arrive, so a while yet :(

Soldato
I think Jonny Smith said in his review of the e-Tron sport back that it was simply just too expensive, particularly when compared with the Polestar 2. He also pointed out you could get a Polestar 2 and a Honda E for the same money as the e-Tron sport back.

Associate
with 4K deposit, the price comes out similar to an e-2008, at total ~£350p/m https://wevee.uk/peugeot-e-2008
maybe 2008 is a bit smaller though ?

Interesting, that that web-site, pushes the fuel saving angles

If you're not looking to buy an EV just lease then there are probably better deals than the PCP offer on the MG5 but we will be looking to buy it at the end of the PCP It works out at £329/month over the 4 years its possible to get a PCH for £295/month for the MG5 so the PCP works out a little bit more but not by much.

Best EV lease deal I've seen so far is for this ZS EV £279/month for 3 years and 8k a year included https://www.chorleygroup.co.uk/mg/new-car-offers/zs-ev-pch/

Soldato
but we will be looking to buy it at the end of the PCP
OK - I've not had a PCP, and didn't realise that if you were anticipating buying at the end that might influence which you took,
thinking that the market really decides what equity you have, so you really need to look in your personal crystal ball.

Polestar -
Given the Polestar/E-tron/id-3/enyaq .... interior designs we now have, I think it will be interesting to see if the upcoming Tesla design style changes, in their truck say,
since it does start to look stoic/bauhaus to me;
so much discussion in other threads mercedes/audi/bmw where people put a lot of stock in the internal asthetics, and that has to carry over to ev's

Soldato
I think Jonny Smith said in his review of the e-Tron sport back that it was simply just too expensive, particularly when compared with the Polestar 2. He also pointed out you could get a Polestar 2 and a Honda E for the same money as the e-Tron sport back.

Yep. Audi have just got this completely wrong. Even with the £16K customer retention ‘bonuses’ speccing a like-for-like e-tron vs. almost anything except a Tesla Model X the numbers just don’t add up. And even then I think the Model S and X still get free Supercharging for life.

And Audi have expensive finance. I love Audi’s but they’re just not a competitor at the moment.

Soldato
Picked up the Corsa-e today and I love it! Only drove it from the garage to home, so not explored it properly but it feels a lot nicer to drive, super quiet and responsive. BIG difference from my previous lower range ICE Corsa. Windows are noticeably smaller in comparison but it looks great :)

Slight annoyance that neither key/central locking seems to be having issues and of course only found out once I got home...Had to physically lock it. So now got to drive 40 minutes to Wimbledon again tomorrow to get a tech to look at the keys again...

Congratulations on your purchase!

If you're having issues with the central locking (i.e. the car refusing to do anything) then this is an issue that affects a small number of current-generation Corsas (both ICE and BEV). It's intermittent (happens to us once every few weeks), and I believe there isnt yet a fix. For now, it might be a good idea not bother with the garage as they may charge you for the diagnostic time. Hopefully there will be a fix soon. Fortunately, the manual key is easy to remove from the fob and use.

In other news, we tried out the pre-conditioning this morning. Ambient temperature around 6 degrees. It took around 10-15 minutes and 0.9kwh (13p on our tariff) to get up to temperature. :)

Associate
Congratulations on your purchase!

If you're having issues with the central locking (i.e. the car refusing to do anything) then this is an issue that affects a small number of current-generation Corsas (both ICE and BEV). It's intermittent (happens to us once every few weeks), and I believe there isnt yet a fix. For now, it might be a good idea not bother with the garage as they may charge you for the diagnostic time. Hopefully there will be a fix soon. Fortunately, the manual key is easy to remove from the fob and use.

In other news, we tried out the pre-conditioning this morning. Ambient temperature around 6 degrees. It took around 10-15 minutes and 0.9kwh (13p on our tariff) to get up to temperature. :)

Literally picked it up yesterday so don't think they will charge me. Someone I know suggested it might be the transport fuse that they have in place when moving on a trailer, since it disables some features. Guess we will see!

Haven't done two journeys yet for that feature to work but looking forward to trying it out myself!

Soldato
Three Polestar 2’s in their natural home

50385599242_f86043dbd8_o.jpg

Soldato
Following the late brake show thread, watched Johnny's polestar review -
- so polestar will have a one engine version - whether that will be 400hp/2 ?
- his double-edged praising of the 5K performance pack ride/braking/wheel-design versus M3, pity he didn't comment on the regular version;
lol - the active seatbelt tensioner, that locked up on a bump in the road.
- the rimless mirror trend - not sure that helps you focus quickly on whats behind - some delineation would be better.

Soldato
I was toying with the idea of a Poltestar 2 but given the fact I now do about 20 miles a week makes me feel this doesn't really warrant such a significant purchase ;)
I’m similar but I’m guessing it won’t last forever. Plus add in some Man maths and it works out cheaper :p

Soldato
Bik rates for electric cars is what made me make the leap. Now showing a license plate number on the online self service website... so think I am getting closer to a delivery date being shared

Soldato
I’m planning to get my Polestar 2 wrapped and was thinking on a Satin blue colour but then I saw this on a Polestar forum - what do you think of the colour?

Satin Energetic Yellow with black finishing

50410705336_f63a57ac13_b.jpg

50410705266_be2cf1cbeb_b.jpg

50409997613_fc770a49dc_b.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OK - I've not had a PCP, and didn't realise that if you were anticipating buying at the end that might influence which you took,
thinking that the market really decides what equity you have, so you really need to look in your personal crystal ball.

Polestar -
Given the Polestar/E-tron/id-3/enyaq .... interior designs we now have, I think it will be interesting to see if the upcoming Tesla design style changes, in their truck say,
since it does start to look stoic/bauhaus to me;
so much discussion in other threads mercedes/audi/bmw where people put a lot of stock in the internal asthetics, and that has to carry over to ev's

I think I read the design was supposed to be fairly neutral for a wider/global appeal. Seems there some evidence that the next smaller range of cars may be designed separately in China & Europe to appeal to those markets so yeah maybe we will see some departure. Tesla may care more about overall value being the main selling point though once they can keep up with the demand that would likely trigger.

Soldato
that gold it accentuates, and clashes a bit, with wheel arch liners and sills making it look a bit higher,not to mention wheel clash, prefer the grey/blue you originally discusssed,
or look at volvo back catalogue of pastel colours.
http://volvo1800pictures.com/0_car_photos/E/1972/109/Volvo_1800E_72_109_0554.php - they are loyal to their grill

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/09/1...or-free-on-some-european-tesla-superchargers/
As to why this is happening, Twitter account @TeslaStars points out that, “This is due to a EU law that requires new charging stations to have at least 1 or 2 stalls compatible with any #EV.“

Soldato
As to why this is happening, Twitter account @TeslaStars points out that, “This is due to a EU law that requires new charging stations to have at least 1 or 2 stalls compatible with any #EV.“

That is made up nonsense, there is no such EU law at all. As for compatibility that would be impossible as Tesla chargers don't have CHAdeMO and Type 2, only CCS, and not all cars have CCS. So Ionity would also fall foul of this regulation, and many other providers.

Back
Top Bottom