When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
I didn’t miss the deposit. It’s £46500 (£40,000 plus £6500 for the special launch package), minus £1000 for the deposit makes £45,500 minus £3000 makes £42,500. The breakdown is on the PayPal Order screen on Hyundai UKs website. I haven’t ordered one, but I just went through the process to see if any were still available.

You've deducted the deposit from the price of the car. The price of the car needs to include everything paid, including the deposit!

Total paid:

£46,500 less the grant = £43,500.

To compare against other cars, as you have done, you need the total price paid.

Soldato
It's not a premium offering. Have you seen the prices of those - Audi, Mercedes, BMW and Jag are all £60k+ options.

Who says it’s not a premium offering? None of us have seen it. None of us have touched the plastics. If you keep dragging Hyundai brand into it then Polestar is a Chinese Volvo. What made Tesla worth £100,000? Not much really. But people paid it.

Soldato
It's not a premium offering. Have you seen the prices of those - Audi, Mercedes, BMW and Jag are all £60k+ options.

Also, few people are paying 'list' for EV's,
Most are benefiting from the current zero tax (increasing 1%, up to 2%) so are paying less overall than the equivalent value ICE car.

Company car tax is just that, company car tax. If you don’t have access to a company car (which most don’t) it’s utterly irrelevant. VED is next to nothing in terms of total cost of ownership which just leaves fuel savings and the plug in car grant for most people to consider.

Company owners currently have very high incentives, a little too generous if you ask me. Private buyers on the other hand donut get anything like that.

Associate
Any advice for a Londoner with a couple of family (fully loaded) round trips to Poland per year? V70 currently owned is perfect for those needs but it will be redundant after the ULEZ kicks in later this year...

Soldato
The other problem with suddenly making EV's cheaper, is manufacturers would lose sales of their ICE cars overnight. Not a great position to be in when they probably have ongoing factory production and stock sitting for delivery.

Clearly this and the current Tax incentives are keeping EV prices held high.

Soldato
Sure
The car term 'premium' is usually associated with the German brands. This needs to change as the new far East brands (and others) are challenging that sector.

Lets put it this way if someone gave me the choice between the Ioniq 5, and an MB EQC, I'd take the Ioniq 5 every day of the week. But in reality I'd never get either of them 'cause SUV. :p

Soldato
Whilst I get they're probably trying to show off the lack of transmission tunnel and ability to have a flat floor, something about the lack of a decent centre console in the Ioniq 5 just makes it feel a bit 'early 2000s cheap supermini' inside to me.

Back
Top Bottom