When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
Well seems we will be taking delivery of the ID3 on 28th May.

Was quietly hoping that they may have secured from stock as it seems VW chucked a load out to dealers.

Having been reading up on chargers I think we may just go with the tethered Pod Point.

Soldato
Well seems we will be taking delivery of the ID3 on 28th May.

Was quietly hoping that they may have secured from stock as it seems VW chucked a load out to dealers.

Having been reading up on chargers I think we may just go with the tethered Pod Point.

Good news,

Pod-point timed charge app is in beta phase. Kinda wish i had that extra lead length they offer.

nam

nam

Soldato
Current M3 Performance goes back soon and as i don't drive much now i just need a small cheapest ev, Anyone have any experience of either the SEAT Mii Electric or Skoda Citigo-e. Looking at getting one for a super cheap 2 year personal lease.

Soldato
Current M3 Performance goes back soon and as i don't drive much now i just need a small cheapest ev, Anyone have any experience of either the SEAT Mii Electric or Skoda Citigo-e. Looking at getting one for a super cheap 2 year personal lease.

Arent these both off sale now? Or maybe there's still some stock kicking about?

Soldato
ID3 winter video ...I guess he has snow tires, but lane keeping at 60mph on a snowy road looks brave -
I hadn't realised gps must be strongly employed (but, when he says the gps doesn't have an address), headlight defrost, an issue for him.

Beyond snow tyres, mftr, like many, seems to prioritize low rolling force/narrowish, so could be nice to demand better handling tyres from the outset.

[was reading about id3 traction control and rwd handling ]

ID3 Real winter drive in northen sweden SD 480p

Soldato
That ioniq5 looks amazing.

I'm hoping that the rest of the new Ioniq sub-brand from Hyundai will be just as compelling in terms of design and features. I'm more that happy with my 38kWh Ioniq, and the comfort, features, efficiency, and would happily get another of the newer cars when the time comes, as I have a feeling most of the other manufacturers still won't be able to compete.

Soldato
bright idea - tow to nearest charger .

Great idea but seems a bit pointless, I mean if you lose the rope and have your car in drive (not neutral) and were coming down the side a very steep mountain/hill you are can charge the car back up with just regen, apply the same thing but lose the hill/mountain and replace with tow vehicle + rope and you can charge your car. I am not sure if the car knows the difference between a rope tow and a descent, and if it does the it is too late the AI will enslave us all. :)

Soldato
I'm hoping that the rest of the new Ioniq sub-brand from Hyundai will be just as compelling in terms of design and features. I'm more that happy with my 38kWh Ioniq, and the comfort, features, efficiency, and would happily get another of the newer cars when the time comes, as I have a feeling most of the other manufacturers still won't be able to compete.

I think the current Ioniq has bordom licked aswell whilst you are playing Top Trumps :p;)

Great idea but seems a bit pointless, I mean if you lose the rope and have your car in drive (not neutral) and were coming down the side a very steep mountain/hill you are can charge the car back up with just regen, apply the same thing but lose the hill/mountain and replace with tow vehicle + rope and you can charge your car. I am not sure if the car knows the difference between a rope tow and a descent, and if it does the it is too late the AI will enslave us all. :)

It's for when they are broken rather than just ran out of charge...

Caporegime
He’s saying you have rose tinted purchase justification syndrome that means you think Hyundai EVs are the best in the world and all the rest are rubbish due to top trumps within EV cars. For top trump metrics you may have missed the boredom parameter.

Seems slating ICE Neanderthals in the ICe vs EV wasn’t enough you think you have now turned on the bashing other EVs.

I think based on reading your posts...

but hey a Hyundai is better than a taycan I guess

Caporegime

What if you just want to move the car, have you tried turning a motor with no power? This is why they talk about reduce emissions to move a car, because you are forcing the motors to turn rather than free wheel which is a huge amount of drag. They wont use a rope either they use a caddy or 2 wheel lift so they can stop the car!

how do you think they tow ICE cars with just a rope downhill? They don't.

Back
Top Bottom