• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When are you guys planning on telling us ETA's for our pre-orders? Or giving us queue numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hi,

I know its not really your fault but some of us that bought 3080's need them for things more than just gaming. I sold my 1080 in preperation for the 3080 launch (Before the announcement), and I was expecting them to be good, but not this good so obviously the hype was crazy higher than I expected.

But I do game development/design & 3D Modelling at uni and my course starts in around a month and at the moment i'm GPUless. So I basically need to know if its going to take too long to get my 3080 then il just have to cancel and buy another GPU to use in the meantime as I can't afford to do that without my 3080 pre order money.

Its been 7 days since the launch now and I still have no idea when I should be expecting to get my GPU, not even a time-window. Absolutely nothing.

Also the update thread where you post when you ship cards etc, saying "A small amount" could literally mean anything. So that isn't exactly helping me estimate it either considering a "small amount" could be 5 gpu's or 20.

I saw you are working on creating a queue calculator supposadly a few days back, any progress?

Thanks

Associate
It is abit upsetting that within a few hours of launch, a couple of guys were able to make an unofficial queue system, and a python scrypt to spit out estimates from just a few hundred samples , but now were a week down the line and overclockers with all the data for everybodys order have not yet been able to put anything together , even a basic python script built in the same way with a backend to pull out cancelled orders and update possitions shouldnt be taking this long , and if not that even just a list each day at a set time with an estimated delivery dates of specific cards with NO ETA next to the cards which it is true for would help people to stop having to check the forum constantly in hopes of an update .

Associate
OP
Just wait

I am "Just Waiting", i'm also worrying about if i'l have a GPU in time to be able to do my work.
If I just needed my 3080 for gaming I wouldn't be posting this now, some of us need graphics cards for other things

Associate
OP
There is no ETA.

I'm sure you'll get it by Christmas

Which is exactly the issue lmao... They are fully capable of releasing a tracker which can give rough estimates.

Also considering the amount of money they have recieved from the 3080 pre orders, as they have taken the money for all pre orders. You would have thought they'd put in the extra effort and supply their buyers with something like this...

Associate
Why would you sell your old gpu if you know you would need it for 'work'... C'mon we all want the shiney.. I suggest you buy another card if its that important, and wait until they are more widely available.

Associate
OP
Why would you sell your old gpu if you know you would need it for 'work'... C'mon we all want the shiney.. I suggest you buy another card if its that important, and wait until they are more widely available.

Because I didnt upgrade for 2000 series and my 1080 was starting to struggle with my workload, so I planned to upgrade. And like I said I had no idea it would be this crazy, there hasn't been a GPU launch this big or hyped for a very long time. And also because I had a solid 2 months to get a new GPU from the time my 1080 was sold, and I didn't think i'd need to wait more than a month to get the 3080. I don't think many people were anticipating it to be THIS big. I knew it would be big, but not this big

Soldato
Because I didnt upgrade for 2000 series and my 1080 was starting to struggle with my workload, so I planned to upgrade. And like I said I had no idea it would be this crazy, there hasn't been a GPU launch this big or hyped for a very long time. And also because I had a solid 2 months to get a new GPU from the time my 1080 was sold, and I didn't think i'd need to wait more than a month to get the 3080. I don't think many people were anticipating it to be THIS big. I knew it would be big, but not this big
Still poor planning from your side, I would suggest sourcing an alternative until OcUK get on top of the orders.

Associate
OP
Still poor planning from your side, I would suggest sourcing an alternative until OcUK get on top of the orders.

I know its poor planning from my side.
That doesn't make OCUK not telling anyone ETA's or helping people figure out waiting times after taking their money ok. Considering a community member managed to make an estimating script within a few hours based on user submitted data.
OCUK literally have all the data they need to make a more accurate pre order calculator

Soldato
They haven't got a clue when they'll be able to fulfill everyone's orders, it was absolutely obvious froma long way out that were would be next to no stock, but people ignored all the warning signs and went full lemming anyway.

Pet Northerner
Don
I know its poor planning from my side.
That doesn't make OCUK not telling anyone ETA's or helping people figure out waiting times after taking their money ok. Considering a community member managed to make an estimating script within a few hours based on user submitted data.
OCUK literally have all the data they need to make a more accurate pre order calculator

If OCUK don't know how many cards they are getting they can't give you dates. If they did, it's a whip for you to flog them with if the supply chain fails them.

Unless they can get 100% accurate date from nvidia, AIB and each part of the shipping chain it's almost impossible to givea reliable date. They can only do that for stock in hand

Associate
OP
If OCUK don't know how many cards they are getting they can't give you dates. If they did, it's a whip for you to flog them with if the supply chain fails them.

Unless they can get 100% accurate date from nvidia, AIB and each part of the shipping chain it's almost impossible to givea reliable date. They can only do that for stock in hand

They can estimate how many they will be getting a week based on their current order schedules.

Even if they can't give us ETAs, they 100% have the data to tell us our queue numbers. Even knowing that will give people a whole lot more information than they have now

Associate
OP
..I don't think this thread is going how the OP intended.

All I want to know is my queue number. They have the information to do that.

If they have NO idea when people will be getting their cards, then maybe they should have closed pre orders and not taken peoples money knowing that they won't be getting their orders for a very long time.

Associate
OP
Exactly that. All the signs were there.

Im not asking for
"You will recieve your GPU on *Date and time*"

im asking for
"You are numner XXX in the queue for your order".

Then we can use our own judgement based on that queue position for a much more accurate ETA than "A few TUF are shipping today" which is all we have at the moment

They have the information to do that. If you don't think they have that info then you are clueless

Associate
To say they dont know how many they're getting is silly really. They'll have exact numbers of whats due in(not just the new cards) on what day and from which manufacturer. You really think a bloke in a wagon just turns up and says "oi here mate I've got these for ya" with them Not knowing hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom