When Bundles, Jokester & weescott did some clocking

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I have an old socket A mobo kicking around somewhere and it had RAM to go with it (not sure what breed either of them are though :o ) - only problem is, I'm in Egypt at the moment and won't be home until the 19th :p

Sorry guys, would have loved to have been able to help out a couple of fellow Jocks with an extreme build but if you guys can't find what you need before I get back you're welcome to them (if you can't get hold of the aforementioned items in 10 days, there's something seriously wrong :p ).

If you have any more ideas for overclocking fun then let me know. If I'm home I'm only through in Peterhead and would be only too happy to help (I particularly like the beer part - I may not be the world's best overclocker but I have money to buy beer) :D

Stan :)

Wise Guy
Soldato
First meeting/planning/drinking stage is happening today :)

Phase: 1
Scottish Nutters: weescott, Jokester and some guy called Bundles (seems a strange guy to me tbh ;))
Mobbo: KT600 pile of poop (will be swapped for something better asap, NF7-S or DFI wanted)
CPU: XP1700 XPMW 0310
RAM: Mushkin
GFX: 9800pro (voltmodded)
Cooling: Mach2 on CPU, top end water on NB and gfx with radbox mk2 powah :p

This is just going to be a test run to get ourselves familiar with Socket A again really, get everything set up and try to get an idea of the limits we are facing with this stuff but I'm sure we'll have a damn good go at clocking the thing balls to the wall :D

Ooh, never thought, maybe we can go for a KT600 world record :D

If anybody has a good Nforce2 mobbo or a good Intel S478 mobbo they wish to sell, donate or lend us, NF7-S, DFI infinity, IC7, P4S/P4C800 etc, please feel free, we would be etternaly grateful (well, we would say thank you at least, lol)

Last edited:
Wise Guy
Soldato
gtir666 said:
Ive got an nforce2 mobo you can have, not sure what it is, model code for the mobo is MS-6729. ive never used it so no idea whether it works or not :)

That would be sweet mate, email me (in trust)

Wise Guy
Soldato
Concorde Rules said:
I have a P4C800-E with volt-mods.

Added weeeeeeeescot to MSN :)

Conc

Nice one mate, we've got a sweet clocking 3.0ghz pressy that does 4.2 with relative ease on a standard and rather poop (and now also dead) MSI mobbo.

PS you missed out a T, but the E's look right :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
first meeting of Jokester, Bundles and weescott today.

Preliminary testing of the Gigabyte motherboard resulted in us breaking our first component within 10 seconds!!!:eek: Must be a record!!!!

The next stage is to volt mod the 9800pro (R350 and R360) and see if we can fit a Vapochill on there! If that doesn't work we have have to make do with a measly 172w tec and a 120.3 with 6 fans!

Watercooled NB / chipset is a possibility in a second loop.

At a later date:

7800GT volt mod
X2 3800 overclock (we have a new mobo)
P4 3.0 Prescott on phase
P3 1ghz on phase
Cellery 2.2 on phase
S3 Trio on Orb
ATI 7000 on Orb
TNT2 M64 on Orb

Thanks for all the offers of components we have had thus far. Keep them coming. :)

Last edited:
Wise Guy
Soldato
cokecan72 said:
how'd you manage to break the mobo within 10 secs? lol

and is that ati 7000 as in a radeon 7000?? what you plannin on doin with that exactly :)

WE never did anything, honest :D

Yep, as in radeon 7000. We have no idea what we are going to do with it yet, we just plan to scalp it :D :p

Back
Top Bottom