Poll: When do you put your Christmas tree up?

When do you put your Christmas tree up?

• 1st December

Votes: 48 41.0%
  • Any other date (this is the wrong answer, especially if you put it up before the 1st December)

Votes: 69 59.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
That's got to be a troll right? I'd take it at face value if you hadn't described the secondary plotline of Die Hard 2 as being the primary plotline of Die Hard 1. :D

Permabanned
We sorted our stuff a few days after Halloween. A bit minimalist this year as we need a new sofa from Santa (for a living room corner). Just a cheap pre-lit, but still blinged-out tree, and a wreath over the door and another on the mantel (just below the TV).

Last edited:
That's got to be a troll right? I'd take it at face value if you hadn't described the secondary plotline of Die Hard 2 as being the primary plotline of Die Hard 1. :D

I didn't know there were sequels. Have I unwittingly described a sequel and wasn't aware it wasn't the first film? It just didn't seem very Christmassy to me. The music and snow scene was just an aesthetic device at the end and wasn't really anything to do with the plot IIRC.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I didn't know there were sequels. Have I unwittingly described a sequel and wasn't aware it wasn't the first film? It just didn't seem very Christmassy to me. The music and snow scene was just an aesthetic device at the end and wasn't really anything to do with the plot IIRC.
Give over :rolleyes:

Soldato
Is it ever appropriate for a* Christmas tree to go up in November?

No. My Christmas tree goes up after my birthday in early December., never before.

And then stay up to the planned decommission date of end of January?

Christmas trees come down on the 6th or 7th January.

In semi-related news, should I get a new job away from people who, uh, plan differently?

The Golden Rule applies.

Soldato
Main tree goes up last weekend before Chrimbo so we can spend evening decorating and drinking. Tree comes down 12th night. Christmas is all foreplay these days actual Christmas has been devalued to junk status and is over once everyone gets on their tablet after lunch.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Wifey put ours up yesterday and the entire house is covered in tinsel and lights and banners in every room. Candles, ornaments, even the kids books become all Christmas themed. She does it early for the kids, they love it but not as much as her... somebody kill me.

Although I think my vice is worse... I've already munched through 1 and a half advent calendars:p

L5kM9FD.jpg

Every year since we first met we've bought each other a bauble, this one is my favourite:

XZwNZRU.jpg
Think it was from Macy's in NYC

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Haven't put one up in years, but then Christmas hasn't been hosted at mine for a while.

A guy a few streets over had his Christmas lights up a week before Halloween :eek:

Soldato
Wifey put ours up yesterday and the entire house is covered in tinsel and lights and banners in every room. Candles, ornaments, even the kids books become all Christmas themed. She does it early for the kids, they love it but not as much as her... somebody kill me.
But I bet she leaves it to you to take it all down and pack the stuff away afterwards :p

Back
Top Bottom