When does jujitsu become effective?

Soldato
panthro said:
These kind of threads always come up, and they always end up with no definite conclusion.

Thats because people who practice martial arts NEVER want to accept that its not the be all and end all to every situation :o

Soldato
Balddog said:
Thats because people who practice martial arts NEVER want to accept that its not the be all and end all to every situation :o

Thats a very good point you have raised. There is too much pride and self rightousness involved as to who's martial art is the best.

Associate
I dont know about other arts, but when sparring in BJJ it gets really ruff, sometimes your like fighting for survival as no doubt the art attracts a lot of idiots as well some very tuff fighters who want to improve thier overall game. this is supposed to be inter club training, theres a lot of ego and it does get fairly aggressive. In competitions it gets very aggressive, so i'd say if u have good competition training then on the street it should just be enuff for you to apply the art. Personally speaking id bang on my feet and if the oppurtinty presents it self id swoop in for a takedown and slam the guy and get out of dodge.

Soldato
Its impossible to say. You may have been training for years but get caught off gaurd with a big punch, hit your head on the floor and its game over.

Any sort of training should give you some advantages but fights are so unpredictable and often happen very quickly or randomly that its really hard to put any sort off strategy into it.

Back
Top Bottom