• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Where are the really low end GPU's? (1030 equivalent etc?)

Soldato
Hello All,

As the title...I'm putting together a cheap PC for a friend (general usage no gaming / video editing). I have a Ryzen 3100 lying around and have picked up a 520 Board, I need a cheap GPU but what to get?

Where are the 2030's let alone the 3030's, I'd have thought there is a market for a cheap HDMI 2.1 capable card etc?

Caporegime
Hello All,

As the title...I'm putting together a cheap PC for a friend (general usage no gaming / video editing). I have a Ryzen 3100 lying around and have picked up a 520 Board, I need a cheap GPU but what to get?

Where are the 2030's let alone the 3030's, I'd have thought there is a market for a cheap HDMI 2.1 capable card etc?

Why didn't you just buy a CPU with an iGPU?

Sell the cpu and get one with an igpu or sell both the mobo and cpu and get an igpu cpu then a compatible mobo

Caporegime
Associate
Intel are due to enter the market next year at the lower end. I'm also expecting the 2nd hand market to go crazy in 2022.

A future of £700 - £1500 video cards might seem worrying, but perhaps there is a benefit in that those circuit boards stand to have a longer lifespan before ending up in landfill.

Don
Why didn't you just buy a CPU with an iGPU?

Because he already had the 3100 "lying around" :confused:

Equally which Ryzen CPU with iGPU are you going to be buy when 4xxx are OEM only and limited availablity, 5xxx are yet to be released afaik (Aug 5th rumoured), and 3xxx are older Zen+ based parts.

If it's just for web browsing / 2D etc, then something like a NVIDIA Quadro K420 can be be picked up for £20, and is still supported with current drivers

EDIT:
Just seen the HDMI 2.1 mention, although not sure the relevance if not gaming?

Associate
There isn't always a really low end gpu with every new generation. I dont think there was a gtx 900 series or 700 series of the 1030.

Caporegime
Because he already had the 3100 "lying around" :confused:

Equally which Ryzen CPU with iGPU are you going to be buy when 4xxx are OEM only and limited availablity, 5xxx are yet to be released afaik (Aug 5th rumoured), and 3xxx are older Zen+ based parts.

If it's just for web browsing / 2D etc, then something like a NVIDIA Quadro K420 can be be picked up for £20, and is still supported with current drivers

EDIT:
Just seen the HDMI 2.1 mention, although not sure the relevance if not gaming?

get an intel G6500 for £80. compatible mobo should be peanuts. probably make a profit after selling the ryzen on definetely make a profit when you don't need to buy a separate GPU.

alternatively if he wants to create a thread in the wanted section of the MM I have an evga GT 710 lying around. i can see they are in stock at a competitor for less than £40

Soldato
OP
I've got a 1030 now cheers, I gave my dad my old 3900x and have got his old 3100 "lying around", bought a A520M MB new for £33...had a look for a cheap GPU and couldn't find one, just thought I'd ask what the forum thinks to what I perceived as a gap in the market...

The HDMI 2.1 isn't a requirement but thought I'd throw it in as a example of the gap in the tech, sure 2.0 will do 60Hz at 4k but not sure if it does eARC etc which would be useful?

Again, just thinking out loud really...

Thanks for all your suggestions / options

Back
Top Bottom