1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I buy Cranberries?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Amp34, 29 Sep 2009.

1. Amp34

Caporegime

I know, very random question but I've been looking around for ages but can't find any.

Either fresh or frozen is fine, however all I can find is cranberry sauce and juice, neither of which actually have cranberry "bits" in.:(

2. daz

Capodecina

Dried cranberries seem pretty common in supermarkets these days, usually in the same section as prunes and raisins.

3. Bennie-Mac

Capodecina

4. mac1st3

Mobster

5. Vixen

Soldato

You can get dried cranberries in supermarkets, they're normally beside raisins.

EDIT: I don't think I've ever seen fresh cranberries in a shop. Perhaps a fruit shop would have them?

6. King85

Wise Guy

The problem with dried cranberries that you buy in supermarkets is they've been pumped full of sugar, some even list it before cranberries in the ingredients (order of ingredients relating to % in product) fresh cranberries are really bitter to taste though.

7. Amp34

Caporegime

Dried cranberries I don't think will do, however maybe adding them to some cranberry sauce or juice...

Unforunately Ocodo don't do fresh or frozen. It's a bit odd that you don't seem to be able to buy them anywhere, yet still get juice, sauce and dried. :(

8. daz

Capodecina

Cranberries (fresh) are limited to the North Eastern USA aren't they?

9. Glaucus

Man of Honour

you can get fresh cranberrys around Christmas time from supermarkets. No help now but in 4 weeks or so they should start appearing.

10. hood1971

Wise Guy

I work a berry farm that also packs overseas berries during winter season. We normally start getting cranbrerries mid to end october.

11. Amp34

Caporegime

Ah ok, thanks, I assumed they would be seasonal which is why I didn't mind frozen ones, however there doesn't seem to be any of those around either. :)

12. Nexus

Capodecina

Dare we ask what you are using them for?

13. Amp34

Caporegime

:p

I would tell you but I'd get banned... ;)

Actually I want to make a cranberry sauce to go over the top of a slow roast lamb.:p

14. Amp34

Caporegime

Another random request, could anyone with a Tesco online account just have a check and see if they do frozen cranberries next time you log on?

I would do it myself however you need to register and as I don't have a clubcard I don't want to have to fill in the stupidly long form and sign myself up for one, just to see if they sell them online...:rolleyes: