Where "celebs" went in 2nd world war?

Soldato
The Pianist directed by Roman Polanski's worth a watch. It tells the true story of Władysław Szpilman, a famous Jewish classical musician in Poland before the German invasion, and his struggle to survive in Nazi occupied Warsaw.

Soldato
Id also like to note that WW2 discussion should not be accompanied by lol. Its just wrong.
Ixnay on the olocaustlay?

Those that didn't manage to escape from Poland were most probably exterminated or didn't survive the concentration camps.

There was a rather chilling report I believe, "There are no more jews left in poland." Those that could escaped before the Germans sealed the country.

Man of Honour
Didn't the Queen spend time fixing lorries and stuff?

Subaltern Windsor, driver/mechanic. She drove them as well as fixing them. Apparently seriously, as in they ignored her being the heir to the throne and treated her the same as any other woman who joined the auxilliaries (hence being 'Subaltern Windsor' and not 'Princess Elizabeth'). So she genuinely is a trained mechanic and driver.

Maybe she's posting in the motors forum under an alias :)

Soldato
the real 'celebs' were the war heroes that came back with medals. they was celebrated in the truest sense of the word.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
the real 'celebs' were the war heroes that came back with medals. they was celebrated in the truest sense of the word.

Especially in Eastern Europe where many were jailed, sent to Siberia or killed by early communist regime upon returning from war, especially if they were found to be awarded actual medals or ranks by "wrong side" (ie. Allied forces, rather than Red Army).

Caporegime
Especially in Eastern Europe where many were jailed, sent to Siberia or killed by early communist regime upon returning from war, especially if they were found to be awarded actual medals or ranks by "wrong side" (ie. Allied forces, rather than Red Army).

You'll forgive me if I don't shed a tear for a bunch of rapists.

Caporegime

the red army systematically raped and abused a huge number of women through the war and occupation.

Over 2 million women where raped in Germany alone.

It was institutionalised and condoned from Stalin all the way down to the officers in the field.

Back
Top Bottom