Where to buy some skates?

Soldato
Do you know many people that skate ? Just you may be able to get a descent set of skates second hand, the plastic will be scratched to hell if they've been used properly, but as long as the boots are in one solid piece then you can replace the rest for fairly cheap.

for new ones try www.ukskate.com.

With skates it does tend on personal preference what you like, i've always really like USD skates and they aren't that expensive either, my USD ty brisstes were 150 quid when i got them, and damn god skates.

Soldato
I bought some skates not to long ago, got some Salomon ST-Pros for ~60 quid off ebay after trying some on in a local store.

They seem to be ok, but with the weather being crap, and me not knowing an awful lot of people that skate around here i haven't had much practice with tricks and stuff, just skated the odd place when i can't be bothered walking.

Soldato
bmx's are for girls who cannot skate.....

BRING IT ON!!! ;)

heheheehe anyway that kates skates site is a nice one, i suggest going into ** nearest skate shop, getting advice from the people that work there.. and then buying what they recommend for about half the price online :D

Sic

Sic

Soldato
omgz n00b...get K2 Fatty Pro's. i have a pair of custom USD Latimers i think they are on Kizer frames. but i also have a BMX so im cool x2 :D

Salomon skates are pretty good Andy, i take it you're not going to be giving them a hell of a lot of stick, i always find K2s are a lot more hardwearing. have a look at King55s and (i think they're now called) Bing Airs or Fatty SCs.

K2 skates > *

edit:

www.rollersnakes.co.uk

and a company called Snow and Rock used to do a lot of skate stuff.

Soldato
Been years since I skated, these inline jobbers weren't around at the time. I used to wear Graf CX200's and had a couple pairs of Bauers too.

Was a skate guard at the local roller disco :p And was in the street hockey team.

I do fancy getting a pair of skates again but I'm knocking on 32 and don't think my knees can take it anymore, that's how they got knackered in the first place.

Edit: haha was looking on skateattack.co.uk - The stuff I used to use is under the Old Skool section

Last edited:
Soldato
As I don't have room for a bike in my flat and I would never leave one outside, I have been thinking about getting a pair of skates so I can alternate running and skating back from work. The only problem is that I last skated maybe a dozen years ago, and when I went ice skating at Christmas, I was pretty bad.

Suggestions?

Soldato
roadie said:
As I don't have room for a bike in my flat and I would never leave one outside, I have been thinking about getting a pair of skates so I can alternate running and skating back from work. The only problem is that I last skated maybe a dozen years ago, and when I went ice skating at Christmas, I was pretty bad.

Suggestions?
No suggestions, just put some skates on your feet and go, not much more complicated than that

Sic

Sic

Soldato
roadie, just strap yourself in and roll. if you want, get a couple of skating videos to watch how it's done and what's decent style and the rest will come with practice. it's really easy, the fun bit is missing pedestrians :D

Back
Top Bottom