1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to buy Unreal Tournament original?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by The Belgain, 15 Jan 2006.

1. The Belgain

Hitman

I was wondering if anyone knew where it was possible to a largeish number of copies of Unreal Tournament (the original one). We're trying to set up some LAN gaming at work, and need to buy about 16 copies of the game. Needless to say these need to be legit copies.

Any ideas?

2. FishPolice

Hitman

Try that well known online auction site. Should be plenty of copies on that.

edit: Epic brought out the 436 patch themselves which enabled you to play without the disc so maybe they really don't mind if you just buy the one copy ;)

Last edited: 15 Jan 2006
  3. the_brainaic

Hitman

Yeah, they no-cd cracked it themselves so you just need one and multiple installs.

4. punisher46

Gangster

we've been playing unreal every lunchtime for 3 years at work. For some strange reason, everyone puts their differences aside and gets stuck into the game, then dont talk to each other for the rest of the day...:)

5. mrgubby

Mobster

When UT first came out the IT manager at the company I worked for set up a company wide server with mutliple bots so we could just drop in and out of the game . The only obvious restriction was it had to be legal copies , virus checked and we could only play outside work hours.

If only all IT Managers could be so reasonable :(

6. The Belgain

Hitman

Yeah, or IT manager has approved it too, but on the condition that all copies of the games are properly licenced.

We're not actually managing to find a way of buying enough copies of the game though... very frustrating!

7. punisher46

Gangster

hehe...I got mine from play...

8. Elston

Hitman

I've just had a read of the EULA for the original UT, this is what it states under the 'use' section:

Can someone clear that first sentence up? To me it sounds like you can install it for use on a LAN???? :confused: